IPad issue.

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by dingerr, Jun 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I predominately use an iPad to maintain my ARRSE fix. I've noticed lately, that when I start a new paragraph it automatically puts everything to gather into one large paragraph when I post. Is this a site issue or down to the iPad/safari browser?

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I predominately use an iPad to maintain my ARRSE fix. I've noticed lately, that when I start a new paragraph it automatically puts everything to gather into one large paragraph when I post. Is this a site issue or down to theiPad/safari browser?

I predominately use an iPad to maintain my ARRSE fix. I've noticed lately, that when I start a new paragraph it automatically puts everything to gather into one large paragraph when I post. Is this a site issue or down to theiPad/safari browser?

3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

That was from Safari in Windows and seems OK. I found some ipad issues mentioned on the software support forum, but not this one exactly.

Could you try after turning off wysiwyg editing in settings please? I will then know if it's related to the new editor / ipad.

4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

5. This is from Atomic Web, but there are lots of alternatives available.I guess we're just lucky Steve is so generous to us (he rambles, in order to get a second paragraph in).Don

6. So it looks like I've got the same problem, 'cos that was defo in distinct paragraphs.DonI'm editing this to see if it splits into separate paras that way. And, GCO, there's no problem I can see with using the editor on an iPad - it all seems to work normally except that line breaks are removed.Don

7. And this is from Atomic Web again.

(second paragraph) but i've switched to 'basic editor' in miscellaneous settings.

3rd paragraph. Don

8. And this is using 'standard editor'.

Second paragraph: so we'll see how it does.

3rd paragraph. Don

Edited to add: so there it is - switch off enhanced editor in general settings/miscellaneous options and it's fine.

9. Since GCO has clearly gone back to bed here's the routine for iPad users who aspire to having more than one paragraph in their posts:

Click on 'Settings' on the very top-right of the screen.

Click on 'General Settings' under 'My Account' on the left-hand navigation bar.

Scroll down to 'Message Editor Interface' under Miscellaneous Options'.

Click on 'Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls'.

Click on 'Save Changes' at the bottom of the page.

And hey presto - you're away.

Don

10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Hi Donny,

thanks for such detailed feedback. It would be good if I can crack the problem so that it's not necessary for you to turn the editor off.

Good to hear that you can get another browser. A friend of mine had one quite early and had no choice. I thought it might be another Apple enforced restriction, but it seems they're not so evil after all.

11. No problem. Can I have back the medals you took off me on the last big revamp now then ;-)

Don

12. I've altered my settings.

Does it work?

I hope so, or I'll have to use crayon for messaging.

13. Great.

Thanks Donny.

Thanks GCO.

14. It's a pleasure mate.

Don