iOS app - major upgrade

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Jul 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

The new version of the iOS app will be available in iTunes shortly and will be offered as an update if you already have the iOS app installed.

There are quite a lot of changes which will no doubt cause frustration at first, but I'm sure you will quickly find it an improvement. One of the really big improvements in my view is a decent menu system that slides out from the left of the screen.

Here are some screenshots

Screenshot 2013.07.15 10.47.32.jpg

Screenshot 2013.07.15 10.47.56.jpg

Screenshot 2013.07.15 11.59.40.jpg

Screenshot 2013.07.15 10.49.13.jpg

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

If you'd like to contribute then post anything major and I'll check it's in hand.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Few crashes one crash report emailed. (from p?r?@gmail)

A lot of images (in posts and avatars) don't work and the app hangs a lot.

I like the new features although it takes some getting used to with the sidebar.

5. I installed the update and the box to post messages in isn't there.
    I've force reset the app, Restarted the phone and deleted and re-installed the app. I can read from it, login etc but not post from it, having to use the 'puter to post this.

6. Click arrow top right. See picking list?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ah I see it now, Thanks for the help Jarrod. Thats my first 'technomong' moment in years.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

If any of those trying the Android app want to go back to the stable version, just uninstall and reinstall from Google Play / Amazon. I won't publish the new app to Google Play / Amazon until it's stable.

9. Liking a post causes it to crash.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

10. New iOS app has been good so far, the last one crashed more than Stevie wonder on a stolen super bike. No problems so far.
    The layout is better for big fingers on a phone, with the reply to topic box not being at the bottom.
    I'm presuming the one I d/l 36 hrs ago is the predecessor to the one Good CO refers to as there is no side menu on my phone.

11. I suspect it's me being a flid but it's done this to my iphone sig:-

[​IMG]

and i can't find how to change or delete it? I would prefer to delete it as it just looks twattish now!

12. Yep I've had the same problem with my signature block, how do I amend it?

13. Found it, it appears that you get te choice with each post as to weather or not you include the sig.

Press the three dots at bottom left as the option appears

Edit to add, almost right, once turned off the sig remains off

14. This isn't working. I've got 'ARRAE Adfree' and then tried to load the new thing from the App store, all that happened was that it loaded the site in Chrome. There was a 'click here to update' and all it did was open the app store.