• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

iOS and Android app go ad-free for subscribers to the ad-free theme

A bit of good news for those who subscribe to the ad-free version of ARRSE, but were slightly irritated to still have ads on the mobile apps. This should now be solved - no ads on the apps either.

On the same subject we will withdraw the ad-free iOS app from iTunes as this just confuses matters even more. Those who bought it will be offered a long subscription to the ad-free theme so that the normal app is ad free for them (as well as the rest of the site). More news soon and in the ARRSE newsletter

Apologies for the merry muck around. Apps are actually quite awkward things

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I know. I know........do I have to reinstall the app, still getting an ad on the bottom.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using ARRSE mobile app

No, although you might need to close and re-open (two pushes on the big button at the bottom - hold down the ARRSE app icon and then click on the no-entry symbol)

Thanks, but you've not understood the problem. The free app should no longer be showing ads to those that use the ad-free theme of the main site. This seems to be intermittent however.

Thanks for the report. Not having an iPad makes this really tough to test. I will try to scrounge one. In the mean time could you try uninstall / reinstall.

ok, thanks. iPad minis are reasonably priced (£269) so I suppose we should buy one - a must do really given the number of people that use the site on them. I'll do it tomorrow and let you know what comes of it.

No ads on my Mobile ( Samsung Galaxy Ace ), just updated on my ipod touch and it's still showing Ads ,deleted the Ap dowloaded again and the ads are still there but only below the 1st thread on the latest thread page .

edited to add............It's not a pain as it's only on that one page.

Latest Threads