iOS and Android app go ad-free for subscribers to the ad-free theme

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Jan 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

A bit of good news for those who subscribe to the ad-free version of ARRSE, but were slightly irritated to still have ads on the mobile apps. This should now be solved - no ads on the apps either.

On the same subject we will withdraw the ad-free iOS app from iTunes as this just confuses matters even more. Those who bought it will be offered a long subscription to the ad-free theme so that the normal app is ad free for them (as well as the rest of the site). More news soon and in the ARRSE newsletter

Apologies for the merry muck around. Apps are actually quite awkward things
    • Like Like x 1
  2. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

I know. I I have to reinstall the app, still getting an ad on the bottom.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using ARRSE mobile app
  3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

No, although you might need to close and re-open (two pushes on the big button at the bottom - hold down the ARRSE app icon and then click on the no-entry symbol)
  4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

You will also need to be on the latest version of the app - it should have updated last night
  5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Scrap that - mine not working either. Sorry for the merry dance. I'll post again when it's sorted
  6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks, but you've not understood the problem. The free app should no longer be showing ads to those that use the ad-free theme of the main site. This seems to be intermittent however.
  7. Aaah, I see now

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks for the report. Not having an iPad makes this really tough to test. I will try to scrounge one. In the mean time could you try uninstall / reinstall.
  9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

ok, thanks. iPad minis are reasonably priced (£269) so I suppose we should buy one - a must do really given the number of people that use the site on them. I'll do it tomorrow and let you know what comes of it.
  10. No ads on my Mobile ( Samsung Galaxy Ace ), just updated on my ipod touch and it's still showing Ads ,deleted the Ap dowloaded again and the ads are still there but only below the 1st thread on the latest thread page .

edited to add............It's not a pain as it's only on that one page.
  11. I'm now getting adds on both iPhone and iPad. Also the menu that used to pop up and stay up ready for a selection when tapping on a post, now disappears immediately, rendering it useless.

Hope you can get it sorted soon.

12. And something I be noticed is that the add that pops in and out from under the top entry on the forum list causes the rest of the list to jump up and down. You couldn't make it more annoying if you tried!