Invitation to Obama Stirs Up Notre Dame

barrett said:
Domovoy said:
Well, if they put up with GWB...
They did, but in fairness to them, many did protest his presence also.
As per any university, there will always be individuals who have a problem with a politician visiting. What is the big story here? That Obama isn't universally loved? We already know that. Only about 53% of the country voted for him after all.

Must be quiet day for the news hounds.

in_the_cheapseats said:
barrett said:
Domovoy said:
Well, if they put up with GWB...
They did, but in fairness to them, many did protest his presence also.
As per any university, there will always be individuals who have a problem with a politician visiting. What is the big story here? That Obama isn't universally loved? We already know that. Only about 53% of the country voted for him after all.

Must be quiet day for the news hounds.
Yes, I agree with you that students will always protest the visits of certain politicians, as is their right. My interest with the article is as a practising Roman Catholic and Obama supporter.

Domovoy said:
barrett said:
My interest with the article is as a practising Roman Catholic and Obama supporter.
Should politics be mixed with religious believes?
Can only speak for myself, Dom. Since my religion guides the way I live, I would like to vote for someone who shares those moral values, although they can be of any religion or not religious at all. In Obama's case, his stance on abortion is different than mine, but his views on poverty and justice are similar.

ctauch said:
barrett said:
In Obama's case, his stance on abortion is different than mind, but his views on poverty and justice are similar.
Really didn't realise that the "Church" or Christ was a facist.
It isn't and nor is Obama. Nearer to that I would say are some members of your Republican party.

They seem to be doing quite well at knocking each other off recently.