Invitation to Obama Stirs Up Notre Dame

Discussion in 'US' started by barrett, Apr 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Interesting, but not unsurprising development at Notre Dame. Some are protesting the invitation issued to President Obama to give the commencement address. Although I disagree with him regarding abortion, I hope the university doesn't back down and rescind the invite.
  2. Well, if they put up with GWB...
  3. They did, but in fairness to them, many did protest his presence also.
  4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

As per any university, there will always be individuals who have a problem with a politician visiting. What is the big story here? That Obama isn't universally loved? We already know that. Only about 53% of the country voted for him after all.

Must be quiet day for the news hounds.
  5. Yes, I agree with you that students will always protest the visits of certain politicians, as is their right. My interest with the article is as a practising Roman Catholic and Obama supporter.
  6. Should politics be mixed with religious believes?
  7. Can only speak for myself, Dom. Since my religion guides the way I live, I would like to vote for someone who shares those moral values, although they can be of any religion or not religious at all. In Obama's case, his stance on abortion is different than mine, but his views on poverty and justice are similar.
  8. It isn't and nor is Obama. Nearer to that I would say are some members of your Republican party.
  9. You lot are a bit weird.

I suggest you have a civil / political / religious war.

Once you are all fcuked, come back to where you know you want to be, under Queen Elizabeths protecting arm :)
  10. They seem to be doing quite well at knocking each other off recently.