Invisible posters

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by StickyEnd, Oct 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have noticed that on some threads that I cannot read all the comments. This happens when 1 or 2 particular posters are named as the most recent post maker. Any ideas as to how/why this happens?
  2. I've noticed the same, Geordie_Blerk posts do not show up, but some people still quote him.
  3. Can you read this?

Is it the troll filter?
  4. Yes I can read it. As stacker said, I cannot see anything Geordie-Blerk writes and I think there are some more but don't remember names.
  5. Five Alpha's comment has now vanished. WTF?
  6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

That was deleted by me. The COs aren’t keen on people circumventing the Troll Cloak (the site has it for a reason).

I haven’t had time to PM 5A yet explaining (am at work).
  7. I kinda miss Geordie... hasn't he finished his time in the naughty corner yet?
  8. Is it some kind of secret? Damned if I can see a reason for that. Can you point me to an explanation somewhere?
  9. consider it a blessing.
  10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I didn't even know we were still using this. It was experiment from a few years ago and once in a while seems a good cure, but I haven't seen any requests for anything other than bans and O2 thief tags for ages. Still it's still a bloody good thing at times and from what I remember from GB's posts, well deserved.
  11. :D I suppose you could look at it that way. I do find it a tad annoying that my viewing is censored though.
  12. No need. By the way, why is the troll control a 'secret' if it's in the preferences controls?
  13. switch it off's self-censored :D
  14. I don't see the option on my account preferences. I also don't want to contravene any site rules such as quoting someone that I shouldn't.