Invisible posters

I have noticed that on some threads that I cannot read all the comments. This happens when 1 or 2 particular posters are named as the most recent post maker. Any ideas as to how/why this happens?

I've noticed the same, Geordie_Blerk posts do not show up, but some people still quote him.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
StickyEnd said:
Five Alpha's comment has now vanished. WTF?

That was deleted by me. The COs aren’t keen on people circumventing the Troll Cloak (the site has it for a reason).

I haven’t had time to PM 5A yet explaining (am at work).

I kinda miss Geordie... hasn't he finished his time in the naughty corner yet?

Sixty said:
StickyEnd said:

That was deleted by me. The COs aren’t keen on people circumventing the Troll Cloak (the site has it for a reason).

Is it some kind of secret? Damned if I can see a reason for that. Can you point me to an explanation somewhere?

I didn't even know we were still using this. It was experiment from a few years ago and once in a while seems a good cure, but I haven't seen any requests for anything other than bans and O2 thief tags for ages. Still it's still a bloody good thing at times and from what I remember from GB's posts, well deserved.

Sixty said:
StickyEnd said:

No need. By the way, why is the troll control a 'secret' if it's in the preferences controls?

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
FiveAlpha said:
No need. By the way, why is the troll control a 'secret' if it's in the preferences controls?
It's not a secret at all. It's just not much of a deterrent if everyone ignores it but as you say, it's easy enough to discover how to turn it off if you want to read someone's posts.

Sixty said:
The COs aren’t keen on people circumventing the Troll Cloak (the site has it for a reason).
Then how come I can still read posts from muppets such as Bugsy, bev79 and "chubb"? Surely their posts should have been invisible? I turned the troll thingy off because it doesn't filter the right trolls.