Invisible posters?!?

#1
Why is it that certain posts from certain people cannot be seen?

One in the TA forum in particular at the moment. CLM thread.
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#3
Can one stick invisible posters onto abstract walls?
 
#4
vandyke said:
Your troll control may be on,
Go into your account preferences and switch it off
Nope cant find it, how do i turn it off? Or am ii being a technical biff?
 
#5
My Account then My Preferences , then troll control is at the bottom.

Didnt realise there was such a thing until now.


Anyway if an invisible user cries in an empty room does anyone hear him ?
 
#6
Nope, defo not there.

I also have a constant '1 message'(new) in my private messages at the top of the page. It's been like that since the last arrse refurbishment, not a problem on that just curious if anyone else has it.
 

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
#7
If the invisible user is a man in an empty room, is he still wrong?
 
#8
devilish said:
Nope, defo not there.

I also have a constant '1 message'(new) in my private messages at the top of the page. It's been like that since the last arrse refurbishment, not a problem on that just curious if anyone else has it.
Try changing the theme then look for the troll control.
 
#9
B_AND_T said:
If the invisible user is a man in an empty room, is he still wrong?
Obviously :roll:
 
#10
Bravo_Zulu said:
devilish said:
Nope, defo not there.

I also have a constant '1 message'(new) in my private messages at the top of the page. It's been like that since the last arrse refurbishment, not a problem on that just curious if anyone else has it.
Try changing the theme then look for the troll control.
That's sorted it, cheers.
 
#12
vandyke said:
Your troll control may be on,
Go into your account preferences and switch it off
Tell me, why do you think people went to a great deal of time and effort to install a troll control?
 
#13
PartTimePongo said:
vandyke said:
Your troll control may be on,
Go into your account preferences and switch it off
Tell me, why do you think people went to a great deal of time and effort to install a troll control?
Is that rhetorical
 
#14
PartTimePongo said:
vandyke said:
Your troll control may be on,
Go into your account preferences and switch it off
Tell me, why do you think people went to a great deal of time and effort to install a troll control?
Your point being?

I thought the whole idea of the troll control was so you could choose to have it on or off.
 
#15
But if the number of posters in each of the fora include phantom posters then the number of posters must be a complex number being the sum of a real number and an imaginary number.
 
#16
DavidBOC said:
But if the number of posters in each of the fora include phantom posters then the number of posters must be a complex number being the sum of a real number and an imaginary number.
There has to be a smart-arrse response to that but I'm damned if I can think of one!

I like the cut of your jib, Sir!

Litotes
 
#17
DavidBOC said:
But if the number of posters in each of the fora include phantom posters then the number of posters must be a complex number being the sum of a real number and an imaginary number.
You know nothing.

"42"
 
#18
PE4rocks said:
DavidBOC said:
But if the number of posters in each of the fora include phantom posters then the number of posters must be a complex number being the sum of a real number and an imaginary number.
You know nothing.

"42"
If the number of posters was (A), then posters in each flora would be (A)(a), the phantom posters would be (A)(b) as they are still posters (A), then the equation to find such a 'complex' number would be (A)=(A)(a)+(A)(b).
Simple :?
 
#19
The_Snail said:
B_AND_T said:
If the invisible user is a man in an empty room, is he still wrong?
Obviously :roll:
And, if the invisible user is a woman in an empty room, would she still be arguing ?!
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads