Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

"Investments" BAOR. Can anyone jog my memory?

I met a young chap selling these at an exhibition in London in the early 90s. We talked for a while as he seemed a good egg. He expressed an interest in the TA and I gave him the full sales pitch. He subsequently joined, but went to a unit more exciting than mine.

The rest is history and young Bear has done quite well for himself.

Just shows that to match the expression 'How the mighty have fallen' with the correct and timely instructions 'How the mighty have risen'

Well done that man...

JB

View attachment 525335View attachment 525336
I bought these. Both originals and signed by the artists.
This time next year ......
I had this one, sadly t⃫h⃫r⃫o⃫w⃫n⃫ ⃫o⃫u⃫t⃫ ⃫b⃫y⃫ ⃫S⃫W⃫M⃫B⃫O⃫ lost somehow.
5ca8278045198776412519a0-large.jpg

I'd be rich now I tell you...

Oh and there was a con of buying Copper Bottom Pans at an outrageous price claiming it would reduce cooking time and save money !! Everyone I knew who had them said they were no better than a mess tin on a Hexi burner !!!

Romania/Cyprus/Gibraltar/Poland Dog Rescue is another scam to rope in the utter fxcking moron
“Why has your dog got no ears and no tail?”
“They were cut off by the dogs owner, so it could be used for fighting”
“Oh right. So you’ve rescued it then?”
“We got it from a company in Romania/Cyprus/Gibraltar/Poland that did. We bought it off them”
“Ok, how much did that cost?”
“1200€”
“You’re a fxcking idiot! You know the Germans have rescue dogs for a small notional fee right?”

I vaguely remember some bloke in my unit trying to sell me Eagle Star insurance. I was too busy playing (and losing) liar dice to actually listen (I was pissed too).