Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Investments" BAOR. Can anyone jog my memory?

They still seem to be worth a few quid. I've no idea if they went down in value though.
They went down after his conviction, I wouldnt be happy touting them around for a valuation during my ( or his ) lifetime.

What was that stuff you put on in an emergency and you got instant shine? A clear
liquid but it stunk.

Trouble is if it rained they turned white, that was a twat to get off and actually ruined your boots, can’t remember the stuff now.
Seal ?

I have to admit to a fail here , I have some of his original and signed artwork purchased as an investment.
I have no idea what to do with them , they have been boxed up and consigned to the attic.
I doubt I will make anything on them in my lifetime the cnut
If trends are anything to go by, Ronnie kray,s paintings are very sort after, and command high prices, and he was a psychotic murderer, Rolf Harris even though he is a nonce, never murdered, tortured, or beat up anybody, it doesn't excuse his disgusting behavior, and i should think that at some time in the future, his paintings, sketches and cartoons will be worth some serious money, but not until he is a long time dead.

What was that stuff you put on in an emergency and you got instant shine? A clear
liquid but it stunk.

Trouble is if it rained they turned white, that was a twat to get off and actually ruined your boots, can’t remember the stuff now.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't wash off.
1606927448728.png

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I have to admit to a fail here , I have some of his original and signed artwork purchased as an investment.
I have no idea what to do with them , they have been boxed up and consigned to the attic.
I doubt I will make anything on them in my lifetime the cnut

lol, I know of few people who have his paintings

there are some which you'd never know where Rolf's as he did a few styles

one claimed to have bought there's in an auction where the artist where unnamed, they bought as they liked it it...

I'm in a premier inn watching Bod Ross on BBC4 paint.... its like a toned down Rolf!

The dreaded "art works" and encyclopaedia salesmen, with misleading and untruthful sales techniques.
I fell foul of the encyclopaedia salesman when I was a young Crafty in Bielefeld. He chatted me up for over an hour and a half, drank at least 6 of my Achbach’s and like a moth to a piss enthused sparkler, I jumped at the chance of owning a full set of Britannica, family heirloom, kids homework etc.
I received one volume, poor quality, poorly bound. I was due about 12 volumes in all at a cost of over 1000 DM’s, a fortune in 1986, paid for monthly for about 100 years with interest. Pushed by the Mrs. I complained first to my OC, then the RMP, then the Polizie. About a month later a really nice Polizie turned up at my door with said scally salesman in tow. I handed over the encyclopaedia, he handed over my dosh and I learnt a very worthwhile life lesson!

77/78 'ish a Part 2 Order notice thing said 'Invest some of your wages !' ( Pay Office Approved ) so I invested a paltry sum per month , barely a round of drinks, and then forgot about it for 30 years.

It matured a little while back and pleasantly suprised me with circa 130,000 beer tokens.

Never thought I'd get to 60 and see it !

I seem to recall a scam in the early 90s in the Traz, so that would be 92 - 94 for me. Something to do with ?water purification/filters. All I can remember now is people I had previously regarded with respect as sensible sorts, running round trying to flog the "product".

Seemed to be a typical pyramid/ponzi affair, never saw the upshot as I was posted to sunny Krefeld...

Happy days...

JB

We all got warned off about the Church of Scientology too, which had started to work its way around Germany

I seem to recall a scam in the early 90s in the Traz, so that would be 92 - 94 for me. Something to do with ?water purification/filters. All I can remember now is people I had previously regarded with respect as sensible sorts, running round trying to flog the "product".

Seemed to be a typical pyramid/ponzi affair, never saw the upshot as I was posted to sunny Krefeld...

Happy days...

JB
My nephew got caught up in that about the same time, in the UK though. It was gonna make him a millionaire by Christmas and we should all invest in it. He fleeced my Ol’ man for about £2000 with a promise of huge returns. The Ol’ boy died in 2007, not a rich man, and my nephew, well he’s still a slimy little cock and never paid his grandad a penny. Last seen tossing him self off in a dead end job.

RedDinger

Old-Salt
We all got warned off about the Church of Scientology too, which had started to work its way around Germany
We fell for a fantasy story anyway. Hordes of Russians about to march across Luneburg Heath at any moment.

I complained first to my OC, then the RMP, then the Polizie. About a month later a really nice Polizie turned up at my door with said scally salesman in tow. I handed over the encyclopaedia, he handed over my dosh and I learnt a very worthwhile life lesson!
To be a grass?

Wee Hawken

Old-Salt
Something to do with ?water purification/filters.
I met a young chap selling these at an exhibition in London in the early 90s. We talked for a while as he seemed a good egg. He expressed an interest in the TA and I gave him the full sales pitch. He subsequently joined, but went to a unit more exciting than mine.

The rest is history and young Bear has done quite well for himself.

Last edited:
We fell for a fantasy story anyway. Hordes of Russians about to march across Luneburg Heath at any moment.
We frightened them off my dear chap.

I met a young chap selling these at an exhibition in London in the early 90s. We talked for a while as he seemed a good egg. He expressed an interest in the TA and I gave him the full sales pitch. He subsequently joined, but went to a unit more exciting than mine.

The rest is history and young Bear has done quite well for himself.

Just shows that to match the expression 'How the mighty have fallen' with the correct and timely instructions 'How the mighty have risen'

Well done that man...

JB

Sabretooth

War Hero
Oh and there was a con of buying Copper Bottom Pans at an outrageous price claiming it would reduce cooking time and save money !! Everyone I knew who had them said they were no better than a mess tin on a Hexi burner !!!

Romania/Cyprus/Gibraltar/Poland Dog Rescue is another scam to rope in the utter fxcking moron
“Why has your dog got no ears and no tail?”
“They were cut off by the dogs owner, so it could be used for fighting”
“Oh right. So you’ve rescued it then?”
“We got it from a company in Romania/Cyprus/Gibraltar/Poland that did. We bought it off them”
“Ok, how much did that cost?”
“1200€”
“You’re a fxcking idiot! You know the Germans have rescue dogs for a small notional fee right?”

Latest Threads