• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Investigation into Fuel Prices

The oil companies make basically sod all off a litre of petrol. By the time they've covered costs and paid the taxes they only get something like 7p a litre. You can protest all you like, there's no way that tax is going to get cut. Not without being put back on somewhere else anyway.

And why is the tax at 60%? To pay for the unwashed.
It's paying for your bloody Para pay! ;)

UK Tax on Petrol has and always will be a “ Milch cow “ source of Tax Revenue . The situation has been aggravated because the population of this country has become more mobile and car dependant over time . All governments are aware of this and know that the increase in motoring costs will have to be absorbed by the car running public . Do not imagine for one moment the situation will change with electric cars … perhaps short term yes to encourage their sales but in the long term lost fuel revenue will be recouped by some creative revenue raising method on this green mode of transport .

For Fucks Sake, not again.

This is NOT starting to get boring, it is............. lets retire to the Bar and extract the Urine

You all know my thoughts on this, can we change the World, can we chuff.

Do not imagine for one moment the situation will change with electric cars … perhaps short term yes to encourage their sales but in the long term lost fuel revenue will be recouped by some creative revenue raising method on this green mode of transport .
Indeed. Is it my imagination or has LPG doubled in price in the last couple of years, since a lot more people had their car converted because it was so cheap compared to petrol...

Judging by the traffic on the M4/M25 last Thursday,high fuel prices are not affecting too many people.
Suck it up.
Oh come on! Here in the wilds of Norfolk we have one bus a day to the nearest town and the fare is more than the cost of fuel and parking for my Volvo estate. I can drive to Scotland cheaper than the train fare by a long way and flying is only slightly more expensive than the train.

And that's ignoring the simple things in life like the weekly shopping, going to the doctors, etc. which are impossible without the car.

Why have I such a big car? It's to get my wheelchair in...

Latest Threads