Inventor of Etch-A-Sketch Dies

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Provost, Feb 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. If only the Etch-A-Sketch was that versatile. Separated characters and items were not possible, as any disappointed former owner will testify.

3. Cool kids didn't have Etch-A-Sketches, they had Johnny Sevens and the rifle of legend.

image.jpg

4. Did anyone have one of these ???

63760_10151416528506018_43076478_n.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. More disappointment. The illustration on the box promises wooden furniture, the reality was something entirely different... black plastic everything (except for the bullets which were grey polythene, if memory serves..... and I don't remember getting a bayonet attachment with mine, either!!!)

6. I never had an Etch A Sketch. But I knew other kids that did. The box had all these shapes and spirals that they reckoned you could do. Thing is, the cursor could not leave the screen, so it was impossible to do.

7. Oh mine had a bayonet. Ah the good old days, when toys could be relied on to take other kids eyes out.:rambo:

8. They didn't do a Hi-Power equivalent. For a sidearm, you had to rely on the serious stopping power of a Sekiden pistol; a spring-powered affair that made a 'dung-dung' noise when it fired its pellets.

[​IMG]

As you can see, it shares a similar construction quality with a Glock but with a far greater magazine capacity.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sadly, no. I must ask though, does it stop you from getting lost in translation when you visit the local, ahem, beauty parlour? ;-)

10. Sixty will be along in a minute...

11. I've been trying to write a eulogy for him, but I keep ****ing up the 's'.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gentleman... vital kit of planning procedures that!

13. Excellent training aid for the completion of 1033s.