Invasion of the Body Snatchers.. part 3

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Rocketeer, Aug 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ho hum.. Bankrupt of ideas, Hollywoodc is digging into their vault for another rehash.. not content with the classic cult hit from 1953 nor the cheesy remake in 1978 with Donald Sutherland, they got to ' revamp ' and 're-imagine ' the tale for the 21st century.. this time turning the lead role over to - trumpet fanfare, gasps all round - Nicole Kidman !!..feminist slant is de rigeur these days...[ too bad she's getting a bit past it in the looks-good-nakkeid department ]

2. Yeah, it's a shame that there are so few original ideas out there in hollywood, so they end up remaking perfectly good films and usually make a complete arrse of it when they do. As a film buff myself, I generally avoid remakes and go for the originals, and already own the original version of that film. I actually thought the 1978 remake wasn't too bad, but definitely not as gppd as the original. Another classic example is "The Ring" series of films; the original korean movies were excellent, but the hollywood remakes were just boring, predictable cr*p.

On the plus side, there's a fairly low budget film that has just hit Blockbuster video which is a bit of a gem. I avoided it to start with because it starred Jerry Springer (as well as Armand Assante). It's called Citizen verdict, and it is definitely one of my top movies of the year.