Questions are always beeing asked about medical discharge, invaliding and associated pensions. Having been through the process myself only recently, I thought that a simple breakdown of some of the figures might be of help to others. It is only intended as a Good-Will guide and professional help should always be sought from your RAO's office. These figures are out of date but are good enough to use as an example. These figures are from the MOD web site and are for the year 2008-2009. This information used to be on the Army web site, but as that media is now only really aimed at recruitment, the power's-that-be probably didn't want little Johnny's mum reading about disablement. Tri-Service Pension Rates 2008-2009 Officer's Page 3 is for Officers Service Invaliding Pension's (SIP) Page 5 is for Officers Service Attributable Paension's (SAP) Page 6 is for Officer's Attributable Gratuity OR's Page 7 is for OR's Standard rates of Service Pension Page 9 is for OR's Service Invaliding Pension's (SIP) Page 10 is for OR's Service Attributable Pension's (SAP) Page 11 is for OR's Attributable Gratuity Note: 1) These are the rates for AFPS 75 and they are for the year 2008-2009. 2) An Attributable Gratuity is only paid for the Primary Invaliding Condition (PIC). That means that if you are Invalided and have Two injuries/conditions and one is, say 20% and the other is say, 50%, you will probaly only get the Attributable Gratuity at the 50% rate AND NOT 70% 3) If your SPVA Assessment award is lower than the SAP, you will recieve a SIP, This inturn will normally be made Exempt of UK Income TAX. However, if your percentage of disability is high, and the SAP is higher than the SIP, Then you will be awarded a SAP, also usually Exempt of UK Income Tax. But Not Both. 4) So, if you have served for longer than 5 years and are on Pension 75, a rough guestimate of the minimum amount that you will receive is the amount for your RANK and your year's Served, e.g. Page 9 - SIP'S: An OR-6 (Sgt) with 20 years service would get a SIP of Â£9926 - This is the Minimum amount that you might get. The rest is dependant on the percentage of disability that you are awarded by the SPVA. So if, after SPVA assessment, you were to get a total percentage award of 70%, 50% for one injury/illness and 20% for another, you would get an Attributable Gratuity (page 11) of Â£7670 (at the 50% rate for the PIC, note 2). Any further War Pension Award would be dependant on that level of Disability that is awarded by the SPVA. See SPVA Leaflet 9 So where our OR-6 (Sgt) has two invaliding conditions that total 70%, a 70% award from the SPVA would equate to Â£101.57 per week in ADDITION to the SIP. 5) This would give a Sgt with 20 years service, and a 70% SPVA Disability percentage, an annual pension of: Â£101.57 x 52 weeks = Â£5281.64 (for the 70% percentage) + a SIP of Â£9926 Giving a Total of: Â£15,207.64 per year or Â£1,267.30 per month In addition to this, other allowances can also be claimed for Mobility, Lowered Standard of Occupation and for Care (see SPVA leaflet 9). Like I also said on Another Thread, phone the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and request a Claim Pack for Disability Living Allowance (DLA). This can be claimed whilst you are still serving and it IS NOT means tested and it has no affect on your initial award from the SPVA. Like I said at the begining, this interpretation of the process is from my own experiences over the last year, I am not an expert on pensions and I don't Proclaim to be. It is purely offered in Good Will as I know how frustrating it is to not know what your financial future holds. If it's still only as clear as mud, speak to your RAO or RAOWO first.