Invaliding pension

Tash70

Swinger
Could someone possibly tell me if an invaliding pension is treated any differently to a normal service pension when a pension sharing order is made? My partner has just been medically discharged after 28 years.
Many thanks in advance

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Could someone possibly tell me if an invaliding pension is treated any differently to a normal service pension when a pension sharing order is made? My partner has just been medically discharged after 28 years.
Many thanks in advance

@EScotia Yours.

Is this a 'I've left my partner, and going to screw them over' or a 'my partner has sharing order with a previous spouse and I am protecting them' post?

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Is this a 'I've left my partner, and going to screw them over' or a 'my partner has sharing order with a previous spouse and I am protecting them' post?

Good call lar. I could probably find it all out if I knew some snippets and wrote them down. I like lists and thinky things.

Tash70

Swinger
No my partners ex is trying to get more than she's entitled to, which is going to be very very costly!!!! He has now received a final pension forecast from veterans uk and it uses the term invaliding pension, as you can understand he is trying very hard to keep the costs down and stay out of court. After agreeing to 50/50 split of all assets she is now demanding more and we wondered if his pension now being an invaliding one made any difference to the final outcome.

Tash70

Swinger
My partner is going in to melt down with the stress of it all hence why I'm doing a bit of homework for him, his solicitor has made some real cock ups and it has all come to a head today, I'm just trying to lighten the load..............so no I'm not a snooping ex lol

Jarrod will be along in a minute to offer his opinion of women like that.

Just in case he doesn`t he thinks they are scheming, lying, cheating, futhermuckers.

Tash70

Swinger

Just in case he doesn`t he thinks they are scheming, lying, cheating, futhermuckers.
I couldn't agree more, I actually think that an ex shouldn't be able to touch their spouses pension, I say go earn your bloody own. I never touched my ex's pension he earned it it's his period.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

shoo.jpg

Big boys talk.

I may be wrong but, she is entitled to percentage of his mil pension ( if any), but if the 'invaliding pension' is a medical one, then that is his and his alone.

Tash70

Swinger
Does anyone know how long it takes for a decision to be made re: changing a SIP to a SAP??? I know our solicitor is going to ask. Having read the pension benefits on divorce booklet it states that a pension sharing order cannot be put in place if your pension is a SAP (good news for my partner, not so good for his soon to be ex) . Does anyone know if his ex can be awarded anything from his SAP, he has just had his lump sum paid to him but his solicitor has told him not to spend any of it, my understanding of the above mentioned booklet is that if his lump sum is paid out to him before she makes any sort of claim on it then it is his. Because this money is sat in his account we can't get any help from housing benefit etc. it seems all wrong to me that he has the funds to pay the bills etc but he can't touch a penny. Just trying to get as much info as we can before seeing our solicitor we don't want to be going back and forth running up even more bills.

2 year's why??

Just wondered if his ex missus may feel that she deserves something due to the anxiety/stress/keeping the kids and pad going while being married to him while he was away on Ops/ long exercises/etc./etc./ for x amount of years.....that's feckin' why, or did you also endure that?

TBH I'm like..... Meh, you won't be the first to come along after the graft had been done.

Tash70

Swinger
Totally agree with you NATO Standard 123, only she only lived with him for six years out of 26 cause she wanted to be near her mum, so he was married unaccompanied all those years, there's also a lot more to it than just that, yes she's entitled to something but my partner feels75% is unfair given that they had agreed otherwise at the start.
I'm helping him out cause he's asked me to, but everyone is entitled to they're opinion......... you have yours (which couldn't be further from the truth) nevertheless it's your opinion.

Totally agree with you NATO Standard 123, only she only lived with him for six years out of 26 cause she wanted to be near her mum, so he was married unaccompanied all those years, there's also a lot more to it than just that, yes she's entitled to something but my partner feels75% is unfair given that they had agreed otherwise at the start.
I'm helping him out cause he's asked me to, but everyone is entitled to they're opinion......... you have yours (which couldn't be further from the truth) nevertheless it's your opinion.

Sure, there's always more to it than a few lines on a website, but you've been with him for about 7% of his service and have taken charge of his dosh...clever move on your part getting your claws into a fella with a pension plus lump sum and now invalidity. ;-)

To be honest MU aint he worst thing that can happen to a Pad and often makes a lot of sense in some circumstance. It did for me hence buying a house in civvy strasse while I was in and both of us agreeing that due to family help, schooling, for the kids, etc. her staying back home was the way to go on some postings for me . I'm sure he coped on tours ( AKA an extreme version of MU!)

He's been in continued employment, and therefore salaried, for the last 28 years yet you talk about housing benefit? if he's been MA for so long why can't he sort out his own dosh. Can't he stand up for himself? seems like he managed to do it for 93% of the last 28 years, now all of a sudden he needs you to do it for him?

Tash70

Swinger
Sure, there's always more to it than a few lines on a website, but you've been with him for about 7% of his service and have taken charge of his dosh...clever move on your part getting your claws into a fella with a pension plus lump sum and now invalidity. ;-)

To be honest MU aint he worst thing that can happen to a Pad and often makes a lot of sense in some circumstance. It did for me hence buying a house in civvy strasse while I was in and both of us agreeing that due to family help, schooling, for the kids, etc. her staying back home was the way to go on some postings for me . I'm sure he coped on tours ( AKA an extreme version of MU!)

He's been in continued employment, and therefore salaried, for the last 28 years yet you talk about housing benefit? if he's been MA for so long why can't he sort out his own dosh. Can't he stand up for himself? seems like he managed to do it for 93% of the last 28 years, now all of a sudden he needs you to do it for him?

Again only your opinion Nato Standard123 but as I stated before you don't know the full facts.
The purpose of this site is for people wanting information and help, so forgive me for thinking its not very helpful when people have to sift through crap and give up looking or are reluctant to post or ask anything for fear of the type of response you have dished out, my other half told me not to bother cause in his words "you get a load of gob shite's looking for an argument".............I'm starting to think he may have been right!!

Latest Threads