Intruder gets into Downing Street grounds with knife

#1
Intruder gets into Downing Street grounds with knife
AFP link
LONDON (AFP) - An intruder with a knife was arrested inside the high-security grounds of Prime Minister Tony Blair's Downing Street residence late Sunday.

But there was no danger to the prime minister or his family, Scotland Yard said, adding that there was a brief scuffle with a policeman after the man scaled a fence behind the building.

The man was being questioned at a central London police station, while a review was immediately launched into security measures around the prime minister,the BBC reported Monday.

"We are satisfied that at no time was the prime minister at risk," said the spokesman.
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#2
Police sources say that, while no names are being released at present, the person arrested had a grudge with Mr Blair regarding a job that he was being held back from. An eye witness said the person had a distinct Scottish accent.

More details as they emerge. :wink:
 
#4
Warrior_Poet said:
Nice one Auld Yin..

Police are currently hunting 60 million of the suspects accomplices.
And one very hacked off cat called Humphery would would like his home back!!!!!
 
#5
Warrior_Poet said:
Police are currently hunting 60 million of the suspects accomplices.
59,999,999 actually. I had nothing to do with it. I was planning to use an axe.
 
#7
Random_Task said:
Intruder gets into Downing Street grounds with knife
AFP link
LONDON (AFP) - An intruder with a knife was arrested inside the high-security grounds of Prime Minister Tony Blair's Downing Street residence late Sunday.

But there was no danger to the prime minister or his family, Scotland Yard said, adding that there was a brief scuffle with a policeman after the man scaled a fence behind the building.

The man was being questioned at a central London police station, while a review was immediately launched into security measures around the prime minister,the BBC reported Monday.

"We are satisfied that at no time was the prime minister at risk," said the spokesman.
Anyone want to give the man fieldcraft lessons?? he might make it next time
 
#8
So, one nutter tries to climb a security fence, get past approx 20 of the Met's finest, plus the No 10 Security system, and gets arrested, charged with affray,and will probably disappear into the special protection wards that house people who are considered to be dangerous to the State. The PMs security is beefed up, and an investigation takes place.

A Para, wounded in Afghanistan is verbally assaulted in a public ward of a hospital in the largest concentration of Muslims in the UK and nothing happens.

Anybody else spot the imbalance here?
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#9
MSI64 said:
Random_Task said:
Intruder gets into Downing Street grounds with knife
AFP link
LONDON (AFP) - An intruder with a knife was arrested inside the high-security grounds of Prime Minister Tony Blair's Downing Street residence late Sunday.

But there was no danger to the prime minister or his family, Scotland Yard said, adding that there was a brief scuffle with a policeman after the man scaled a fence behind the building.

The man was being questioned at a central London police station, while a review was immediately launched into security measures around the prime minister,the BBC reported Monday.

"We are satisfied that at no time was the prime minister at risk," said the spokesman.
Anyone want to give the man fieldcraft lessons?? he might make it next time
Probably about 59,999,999 peeps. :glomp:
 
#10
PompeySailor said:
So, one nutter tries to climb a security fence, get past approx 20 of the Met's finest, plus the No 10 Security system, and gets arrested, charged with affray,and will probably disappear into the special protection wards that house people who are considered to be dangerous to the State. The PMs security is beefed up, and an investigation takes place.

A Para, wounded in Afghanistan is verbally assaulted in a public ward of a hospital in the largest concentration of Muslims in the UK and nothing happens.

Anybody else spot the imbalance here?

SHHHHH cant say that, Thought Police might be listening in
 
#11
Random_Task said:
Intruder gets into Downing Street grounds with knife
AFP link
LONDON (AFP) - An intruder with a knife was arrested inside the high-security grounds of Prime Minister Tony Blair's Downing Street residence late Sunday.

So how high is this 'high-security'? I assume the security advisor offered low, medium, high and very high security to No. 10. I.e. 8ft, 10ft, 12ft or 14 ft wall! Looks like the brickies will be called in to lay another 6 courses of bricks to beef up PM safety. :roll:

The intruder 'scaled' the wall. What, he's a feckin' fish?
 
#12
smallbore said:
Warrior_Poet said:
Police are currently hunting 60 million of the suspects accomplices.
59,999,999 actually. I had nothing to do with it. I was planning to use an axe.
59,999,998 me either I've got cheesegrater with blairs name on it. It'll be hard work, but very satisfying. ( starting at his feet, so he can see whats coming)
 
#13
theiftaker said:
smallbore said:
Warrior_Poet said:
Police are currently hunting 60 million of the suspects accomplices.
59,999,999 actually. I had nothing to do with it. I was planning to use an axe.
59,999,998 me either I've got cheesegrater with blairs name on it. It'll be hard work, but very satisfying. ( starting at his feet, so he can see whats coming)
When your arms get tired, take a break and I promise to rub salt into the raw, freshly grated and bleeding stumps.
 
#17
To all potential assasins out there :consider a .50 cal sniper rifle.Its more accurate,you dont have to jump fences and best of all its less messier.

Just a thought.
 
#19
Letterwritingman said:
Surely there is a chance of bringing a class action against the Coppers who apprehended him? :) Perhaps dereliction of duty (to the Tax paying public)
You might have a point.Pervating the course of justice maybe?
 
#20
Apparently an 'Enquiry' (read 'Whitewash') is to be held 8O .

I can't see what all the fuss is about, the bloke was caught, the security worked, end of chat.

Let's get on with something a little more serious!! :x
 

Similar threads

Top