Introduction of us style height/weight/girth requirements

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by The-Goose, Oct 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apparently a number of senior officers are keen to introduce a similiar scheme for us apart of our bi-annual requirements. The Yanks seem to be terrified of it as a policy, but it keeps them skinny assed!

2. Should start with cutting down on deep frying everything. Although I did hear that thats on the list, along with teaching pigs to fly.

3. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Does that mean CGS is going to stop dodging the salad?

4. Unless you are a Septic or indeed referring to livestock, its spelt arse.

5. I can't see turkeys voting for Christmas....

6. Really, just a casual walk around this base would indicate that they are not all terrified. I used to think that I was a bit of a porker 'til I came here.

7. It can't work very well.....don't see many skinny yanks cutting about.

8. This has been going for a while hasn't it? They've been doing height/weight/waist measurements at our place for a couple of years now.

9. Was on Ex with the Septics last year, about 1800 of them. What fatties they had ( about three that I could see) where doing extra phizz after hours.

10. I have been in KAF for about 3 years, and see a lot of them doing large pizzas after hours.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not on Ops only Ex though, hope it wasn't overseas.

12. The BMI tests? Its comical watching some people suck their gut in as they are getting measured.
    Its not 100% accurate, AAP, Fijians and rugby players tend to get classed as overweight although its mostly muscle.

13. On ex, not on Ops, did some of their PDT. Was in Septicland. Most of them are now in Afg.

14. We had a para trained SNCO who looks about four stone wet through told he was BMI red the other week.

Whichever ******** thought BMI was a suitable criteria to judge anyone by, especially soldiers, should be beaten to death with a hammer made of sticklebricks.

15. In afghan, us troops on kandahar last year who were over certain size parameters are not entitled to their herrick osm medal equivalent until they slim down to a certain size.

If adopted by us then the raf regt is fooked!