Introduction of us style height/weight/girth requirements

Apparently a number of senior officers are keen to introduce a similiar scheme for us apart of our bi-annual requirements. The Yanks seem to be terrified of it as a policy, but it keeps them skinny assed!

Should start with cutting down on deep frying everything. Although I did hear that thats on the list, along with teaching pigs to fly.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Does that mean CGS is going to stop dodging the salad?

Apparently a number of senior officers are keen to introduce a similiar scheme for us apart of our bi-annual requirements. The Yanks seem to be terrified of it as a policy, but it keeps them skinny assed!
Really, just a casual walk around this base would indicate that they are not all terrified. I used to think that I was a bit of a porker 'til I came here.

It can't work very well.....don't see many skinny yanks cutting about.

It can't work very well.....don't see many skinny yanks cutting about.
Was on Ex with the Septics last year, about 1800 of them. What fatties they had ( about three that I could see) where doing extra phizz after hours.

Was on Ex with the Septics last year, about 1800 of them. What fatties they had ( about three that I could see) where doing extra phizz after hours.
Not on Ops only Ex though, hope it wasn't overseas.

This has been going for a while hasn't it? They've been doing height/weight/waist measurements at our place for a couple of years now.
The BMI tests? Its comical watching some people suck their gut in as they are getting measured.
Its not 100% accurate, AAP, Fijians and rugby players tend to get classed as overweight although its mostly muscle.

The BMI tests? Its comical watching some people suck their gut in as they are getting measured.
Its not 100% accurate, AAP, Fijians and rugby players tend to get classed as overweight although its mostly muscle.
We had a para trained SNCO who looks about four stone wet through told he was BMI red the other week.

Whichever ******** thought BMI was a suitable criteria to judge anyone by, especially soldiers, should be beaten to death with a hammer made of sticklebricks.

In afghan, us troops on kandahar last year who were over certain size parameters are not entitled to their herrick osm medal equivalent until they slim down to a certain size.

If adopted by us then the raf regt is fooked!

E

EScotia

In afghan, us troops on kandahar last year who were over certain size parameters are not entitled to their herrick osm medal equivalent until they slim down to a certain size.

If adopted by us then the raf regt is fooked!
So you're good enough to be deployed in a war fighting role, potentially to meet your death or severe disablement, but because you carry an extra few pounds you don't get a bit of tin? Which cock thought that one up?

So you're good enough to be deployed in a war fighting role, potentially to meet your death or severe disablement, but because you carry an extra few pounds you don't get a bit of tin? Which cock thought that one up?
Chances are, if you are outside of the US size/weight parameters, the chances of you being deployed in a role where those consequences exist are probably slim (excuse the pun) because they would be a liability to themselves and their comrades.

Besides, any fatties in one of those roles for a 12-month deployment is likely to be losing considerable weight!

AR 600-9 US Army Weight Control program
http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r600_9.pdf

has the Height/Weight tables. a quick idea is a Medic measures the Neck chest, waist at belly button 3 seperate times each and averages the measurements to IIRC .5 inch on the worksheet.

IF you fail, an administrative flag is placed on you. No promotions, No schools, No reenlistment, No awards(I've seen this part used to deny an overweight Soldier a Bronze Star medal with V for Valor device and deny him his Combat Infantrymans Badge by a particularly scumbag CSM. You can be discharged for cause as well (chaptered out we call it). Your DD-214 Discharge papers will have an RE-3 code barring re enlistment.

Oh and being overweight and flagged you will still deploy and when you return discharged without regard for service in OIF/OEF. Seen it done dozens of times already

Latest Threads