Introduction/ Increasing deployment opportunities

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Gnr027, Mar 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello arrse members and fellow reservists. Im new to posting but have been browsing*the site for a while. I'm currently a badged Regiment Gunner in the RAuxAF *having completed training about 6 months ago.*

Anyway, the reasons I have logged on here rather than e-goat is because I am considering a move. I joined up because I wanted to get on tour, preferably with an infantry unit. The likelihood of me doing this with the RAF seems to be dwindling by the second, what with current manning levels being pretty full. There was hope of increased ops in Libya but it seems the black watch have been pencilled in for that. I cant even volunteer for cr*p jobs OOA according to my COC/oppos. In the two years I've been on my squadron I have seen no more than 4 or 5 individuals deployed.*

I wanted to ask for your wisdom for someone in my situation, also regarding deployment opportunities/timescales should i throw in the towel and start from scratch with the TA.

Thank you in advance for your help!
  2. Contact your local TA Infantry regiment, you should be able to transfer across from the RAuxAF, though you may well need to start again from Phase 1 there will be a greater likelihood of deployment.