Introduce Yourself... and your games

Just a role-call (avoiding the obvious pun!) to see who has played or is interested in what.

Me: Drazyl

Gaming History:

RPG:
Basic D&D
AD&D (1st Edition)
Runequest
MERP
Traveller (I GM'd this one)
Call of Cthulhu
Paranoia

Tabletop:
Warhammer

Current Gaming

Board:
Zombicide

jim30

LE
Hi there,

Jim here. I have been a tabletop gamer since I was 7 and graduated from airfix tous to playing Cry Havoc.

Cut my teeth with GW in the mid 90s, mainly playing 40k when it was considered cool. I owe a lifelong and very genuine debt of gratitude to GW who made a very socially awkward and isolated kid having a tough time at school some friends who were a little bit cooler and also who liked GW too. They made my school years bearable.

Took a break in the early 00s, but got back into it with a vengeance. These days i play in London, and enjoy the following systems:

Blood bowl, xwing, Armada, Lion Rampant, Saga, Pikemans Lament, death in the dark continent, Frostgrave and am keen to try anything new.

Always happy to offer games and beer to ARRSERS coming through London town!

Loved a bit of AD and D and Cthulhu, even twilight 2000. Never really got the tabletop thing. Much prefer a small party. Perhaps meeting at an inn......

RZer0

LE
I don't play so much now, but my current play list when i get a chance.
GW The Hobbit
GW kill team
X Wing
Star wars pocket models tgc (very quick game play and the models themselves are very good)

Last edited:

A.N.Other

Old-Salt
I've been playing different games since the early 80's. Mostly in to RPG and board games. GM'd quite a few too. Table top not so much. Only Warhammer fantasy and 40K. That said I have and I painted over 6000pts of Dark Angels and a city worth of buildings.

Back in university I was in a gaming club and I'm still playing with the guys. My problem is I'm the worst board/table player of the group but they're all European tournament winning level and involved in developing and testing games and scenarios for Chaosium. I feel so inadequate! :) That said, the one time I entered a tournament I kicked ARRSE. I suppose it's been a good training ground!

Games played are
RPG:
D&D
AD&D
Rolemaster
Spacemaster
Call of Cthulhu
Paranoia
Runequest
Traveller
Twilight 2000
Judge Dredd
Morrow Project
Champions
Cyberpunk
Warhammer 40k rpg
And a few more I don't remember.

Boardgames:
Xwing
Carcassonne
Battlestar Galactica
Starfleet battles
Battletech
Ra
Bloodbowl
Lots and lots more, as my friends spend a lot of time at conventions in Germany and bring back all kinds of weird and wonderful games (even one based on running a farm!)

Lots and lots more, as my friends spend a lot of time at conventions in Germany and bring back all kinds of weird and wonderful games (even one based on running a farm!)
Agricola? Or another of the many?

Olaf - started with GW stuff when young, stopped for a bit and now mostly board games rather than tabletop and RPG.

My wide is also a board gamer, and the little one is getting slowly indoctrinated too.

We have about 250 games, and the current big one is pandemic legacy,,,

RZer0

LE
Forgot to add, used to play traveller a fair bit as a kid, dark future (under rated GW game).
And various other RPGs.

Celticguy. Pretty much you name it I've played it.

Played or GM'd
The entire Original (Old/One) World Of Darkness from White Wolf. Spent years on the official White Wolf chat servers helping to run the games, including being a moderator. Spent most days either sorting out bickering players or trying to get more information out of WW themselves.
Cyberpunk 2020 (including botching a roll so badly that a character shot himself in the head)
Warhammer Fantasy RPG
Mechwarrior
AD&D
DC Heroes (and you thought THACO was tough)
Marvel Super Heroes
MERP
Paranoia (The Computer is my friend)
Call of Cthulu
Star Wars RPG (Original West End version)
Ars Magica
Judge Dredd (Both versions)
X-Wing

And Countless others. I still have all the rulebooks/peripherals I ever got and more dice than you can shake a stick at.

The penalty for admitting you play paranoia is death. Please report for Termination. The computer is your friend. Have a nice day.
Can we please ROP someone for bad Computer impersonations?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I like Hauptsturmführer and KZ-insasse.

Shame those in the stripey pajamas aren't so keen.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Well, just to cement the geekery:

Table:

6mm Napoleonics (Empire series 5 rules)
Epic (NetEpic)
Warhammer Fantasy

Board:

Empires in Arms

Latest Threads