Interviews....

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Posh_91, Mar 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tips for interviews please!!

What to do and what not to do!

?????????????????????????????

Cheers :D

2. Don't...
    a. Do that thing where you go to shake somebody's hand then move it away at the last moment and wiggle it in front of your nose whilst going 'naa naaa na naa'

b. Start going cross eyed whilst maintaining eye contact with the interviewer

c. Finish a sentence with 'innit' or 'you get me'

i'm sure lots more helpful suggestions will be along shortly!

My grammar was right the first time! :lol:

3. Be honest. They have seen hundreds if not thousands of people, and can smell your bullshit before you come through the door.

Have an opinion, and reasons.

4. Be yourself and speak from the heart

5. Don't- do well and when leaving shake hands and wink .

God knows what I was thinking, terrible habit.

6. Don't speak too fast (I speak as a Scotsman), and wait a second before you start to reply. Wash your face before you go in if you are a man (it makes a difference, you'd be surprised). Be upbeat, positive and cheerful, you want to get out there and do the job.

Best of British mate.

7. Just wondering, are regional colloquialisms frowned upon?

e.g. do I have to choke myself to stop from saying 'Aye' when answering questions?

8. Don't worry about any of that sort of thing. As previously said, just be yourself.

9. Ask a couple of questions yourself - maybe about the interviewer's career, or why they picked a particular corp/regiment. Try and make it a conversation.

10. Lick your lips, reach for the interviewer's flies and say ''I'd really, REALLY, like to get into RMAS...''.

11. :clap:

Thanks for that whisky. I've got piss and snot everywhere! Was worth it though, nothing like a good giggle.

-OCS-