Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by clarkemc, Feb 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi sorry if this topic is already on here, it wont let me search.
    ive got my first interview coming up (probaly a stupid question) but im guessing i should wear a shirt and tie, thanks in advance for replys.
  2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Some trousers would probably help too.

On a serious note, treat it as you would any other job interview. Dress smartly, be interested and interesting, and make sure that your hair/nails etc are clean and trimmed, and that your shoes are polished.

You are trying to persuade the recruiting staff that you are (a) worth employing and (b) not an oxygen thief.
  3. thanks for your reply ive had my interview, was pretty laid back really, wasnt as bad as i thought it would be got another interview next week then selection.
  4. probably a daft question but i have my last interview before rsc on tuesday i have a suit etc but my shoues are brown will that be ok??
  5. pretty sure so long as they are clean and you look presentable that'll be fine.
  6. at the end of the day, they want to see WHO YOU ARE not WHAT YOU WEAR

dress as neat as your circumstances will allow, but let them know how keen you are to do the job and try to get a bit of research done and ask useful questions.

I would employ tramps if I knew the had commitment to work.
  7. yeah i know i just dont wanna lose this opportunity and will hopefully be given the chance to prove them right and dont want anythin as stupid as that to stop me so best to ask i suppose!!
  8. Got my interview today and it's safe to say I am shitting bricks. Hardly slept all night :frustrated: and my run time is utter pish so far but I'm working on it there aint much else I can see myself doing in life so i hope to heck I get in. Well I'm off to polish my shoes.