interview....

Depends on the suit.

A bear suit might not be taken seriously.
Birthday might provoke ridicule.
No 2s might be seen as a bit optimistic.

Stick to Armani, dress to impress.

Don't listen to Nobby Sapper. The man's drunk.

Get yourself down to the local army & navy stores, lad, and purchase yourself a nice set of combat 95's. They'll be impressed by how keen you are.

Happy to help.

Go with one of those t shirts with the stick men doing a double on a lady stick woman with the names, me, your mum and hitler with arrows pointing to the figures. If I was the recruiting officer, I'd promote you immediately to Major general and let you have turn on my daughter.

Sod all this interview nonsense. Just burst in and say "alright fatso, when do I get my kill machine?"

Wear the suit and a shirt and tie, shows effort. Above all polish those shoes, not to a mirror shine parade standard, just well brush polished. Sounds a bit daft this but if I ever go to and interview I always brush polish the sole of my shoes too, if the interviewer is following you up some steps they dont want to be looking at years of crud on the bottom of your shoes. Get a bath and a shave, dont wear aftershave, you arent out on the pull remember. Most importantly be yourself, tell the truth and if you havent got liquid shite running down the back of your trousers through nerves before the interview something is wrong. Good luck :grin:

Go hide in the office and tell them you've been there all day and would like your snipers badge now.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Wear the suit and a shirt and tie, shows effort. Above all polish those shoes, not to a mirror shine parade standard, just well brush polished. Sounds a bit daft this but if I ever go to and interview I always brush polish the sole of my shoes too, if the interviewer is following you up some steps they dont want to be looking at years of crud on the bottom of your shoes. Get a bath and a shave, dont wear aftershave, you arent out on the pull remember. Most importantly be yourself, tell the truth and if you havent got liquid shite running down the back of your trousers through nerves before the interview something is wrong. Good luck :grin:
It's the TA not a real job, just dress smart.

Sounds a bit daft this but if I ever go to and interview I always brush polish the sole of my shoes too :grin:
Do you mean use a brush to clean the soles of his shoes or actually Polish the soles? I'd love it if you walked in to my office with your freshly polished soles leaving footprints everywhere.
Is this your gaff? shoe1.jpg

I did that to my mums carpet when I was a spacey.

She was not pleased

I don't think you lot are taking this seriously.

I do it and its ok as long as you dont put massive ammounts of polish on, just a light coat and brush the hell out of them. We used to have to do it in training in the early 90's at RAF Swinderby, no carpets there though. Good point there Pebbles, just make sure they are clean as ive heard one of the first things interviewers look at are your shoes

You only polish the bit between the ball and heel and the sides of the sole, the rest just a good clean before polishing the top

You only polish the bit between the ball and heel and the sides of the sole, the rest just a good clean before polishing the top

Ah, thats cleared that up then. Levatation would be your only means of transport otherwise.

Once it training ta Gib Bks I was accussed of being a "gopping minger" on parade for polishing over some mud in the welts of my boots. This was 30 mins after a mud run.

S

syledis

Unless you are doing gun drill of course, then the bottom has to be bulled as well

Its going to be a long day today, i can feel it.

I'm sorry, I just started laughing as soon as I saw this thread come to the top of the "Last Posts".

A very long day indeed methinks.......