Interview

I've got my interview on next week were they are going to ask me about my job choices, is this the formal one with shirt and tie etc?

Ive checked seach but the only replys to the ones i found were telling them to check seach...

tar

All interviews are formal ones with shirt and tie. There is no such thing as an informal chat.

I suspect if you go further back in history someone will have said this before.

this is what happened in my interview had it last week. Was very informal although im not sure if it should have been :s

my recruiter said it should last an hour but hes "mastered the art of cutting it short" and only lasted 15 Min's if that.

things you should get asked: why you want to join the regiment corps you have chosen?

how long is phase 1 and phase 2 training for your trade?

what skills you will be learning in that trade?

also good to know basic (i mean very basic) history on the regiment corps your joining. eg what year it was formed.

your recruiter should also ask you things like what are your hobbies, who you live with, how many brothers or sisters, what do your parents think of you joining the army, are you in a relationship and what your current fitness is at and what activities you do to keep fit, whats your 1.5mile run time etc etc and if you've ever been in the cadets.

also asks about your criminal record and asks about the armys policy on drugs to that you answer "zero tolerance"

that's all i can remember really, just relax be confident and you'll be moving onto selection :)

also dress casual/smart, look tidy don't over do it for this interview.

maybe it's cos your not suited for the job you want

lofty89 said:
also good to know basic (i mean very basic) history on the regiment corps your joining. eg what year it was formed. A bit more than that. Make sure you know about its role, significant moments in its history, where it's deployed now and recently; that kind of thing. Also you should have a working knowledge of the army as a whole, and keep up to date with current affairs. Interviewing people who know all the standard questions and answers is deathly boring and no use to anyone, so don't expect the interviewer to stick rigidly to a script. Have a good, clean joke in mind beforehand.

also asks about your criminal record and asks about the armys policy on drugs to that you answer "zero tolerance" No, actually read and understand the policy, don't just nod gormlessly and sign whenever they pass you a piece of paper.

that's all i can remember really, just relax but not too much, be confident not arrogant and you'll be moving onto selection :)

also dress casual/smart, look tidy don't over do it for this interview. Disagree strongly with this; always make an effort. You are trying to impress the interviewer enough for him to move your application forwards, and your standard of dress says a lot about you; if you can't be arrsed putting a shirt and tie on (and putting it on properly) then what kind of message is that sending about your motivation? Apart from anything, some people have both interviews back to back if it's convenient for the ACLO to do so, and you'll definitely need a suit for the second one anyway.

Bravo_Zulu said:
lofty89 said:
also good to know basic (i mean very basic) history on the regiment corps your joining. eg what year it was formed. A bit more than that. Make sure you know about its role, significant moments in its history, where it's deployed now and recently; that kind of thing. Also you should have a working knowledge of the army as a whole, and keep up to date with current affairs. Interviewing people who know all the standard questions and answers is deathly boring and no use to anyone, so don't expect the interviewer to stick rigidly to a script. Have a good, clean joke in mind beforehand.

also asks about your criminal record and asks about the armys policy on drugs to that you answer "zero tolerance" No, actually read and understand the policy, don't just nod gormlessly and sign whenever they pass you a piece of paper.

that's all i can remember really, just relax but not too much, be confident not arrogant and you'll be moving onto selection :)

also dress casual/smart, look tidy don't over do it for this interview. Disagree strongly with this; always make an effort. You are trying to impress the interviewer enough for him to move your application forwards, and your standard of dress says a lot about you; if you can't be arrsed putting a shirt and tie on (and putting it on properly) then what kind of message is that sending about your motivation? Apart from anything, some people have both interviews back to back if it's convenient for the ACLO to do so, and you'll definitely need a suit for the second one anyway.
that was just my personal expirience lol