Interview with General Sir Richard Dannatt on BBC Worldservice

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by viceroy, Sep 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'll listen to it later but let me guess: perhaps understandably as an ex-CGS, he will be totally land-focused (e.g. all about 'soldiers') and any rare references to the requirements of the RN and RAF will be pejorative. Oh, and all future conflicts will replicate the situation in Afghanistan.

Perhaps this helps explain why he was never put in charge of all of our forces.
  2. Yes and no. Listen to it, I found it quite good. You are right in saying that his focus is mostly with the army, which I understand, given the current and recent conflicts and his role. He is well spoken and some of the more recent public issues with Des Browne are highlighted.
  3. Very similiar to certain Fleet Admirals stating we won't be in another Afghan? in which we all highly doubt & is a very cynical approach.

I understand what your saying in ref to being focused mainly on the Army due to the current Ops, however with the Falklands issue simmering in the background it can hardly be ignored,

Besides we all know how well liked Mr Jock Stirrup was in ref to certain issue's???