Interview tonight

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by scrofula, Oct 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For anyone who's interested, there's an interview with Gen. Sir Mike Jackson tonight on CNBC at 22.30 CET. Should be good!
  2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

If he's sober.

Does he have another book coming out or something?
  3. Clips were too short to determine a booze level, the man always looks like he's either recovering from something or on something anyway : ) I don't think this is a plug, part of a series called " The Leaders" usually about businesspeople like CEOs and the questions are normally pretty good.
  4. How about

"So Jacko, you presided over the Army being generally fcuked by phoney Tony and his oppo's and never raised a whisper in public. Since then, however you've occasionally sobered up long enough to raise your head above the parapet when a CGS with conkers has raised his concerns over the shambles he inherited. How much of a cnut do you feel now?"
  5. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

How about,

"What is your view on leaders having the moral courage to stand up to their bosses and say enough is enough, this is bullshit and what you are doing is morally wrong..."
  6. Or "Do you feel it is appropriate to the constitutional role of the Army that it deploys on operations in support of a Party Political agenda rather than in support of national policy?"
  7. Or "Would it not be better to rename your book 'Politician - my story' "
  8. i personnally enjoy deploying, and i would be bored sensless without them so cudos so uncle mike and tony. That said, my question would be:

"so mike..... have you ever been confused with the singer micheal jackson and been sent death threats in the mail?"
  9. Saw a longer clip, and although not the full tired and emotional, I certainly think he had more than a ginger beer in the green room - bit of slurring going on! Interviewer suitably impressed. Definitely worth a watch!!!!
  10. Well, not desperately interesting in the end, although Gen Sir Mike is definitely a contender for the Albert Speer Award for dissembling.
  11. Fcuk! He just jumped through my kitchen window and demanded to know what I meant by that.....lucky I kept my head, remembered he was a Para and directed him to a bar full of KGB agents on the other side of town.