Interview tomorrow, any tips?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Gusburt, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I have my first interview tomorrow, I am hoping to join the Royal Engineers to be a Electronics/Avionics Technician, or the Royal Signals, not quite sure yet. I'm just looking for any friendly advise on questions that may be asked as I really don't know what to expect!

2. Firstly, you're joining the REME, not the RE. Massive difference.

Secondly.....use the search function......at least 4356743576 people have asked the same question.

Thirdly, good luck.

3. Wear a suit if you have one, if not try and dress as smart as you can, first impressions and all that. Obvious questions will be why do you want to join, why the REME and Signals, do you have any qualifications, what do you do in your spare time, grades at school etc etc... Read some papers tonight and get to grips with what's going on in the world at the moment, at least understand what's happening in Afghan and the shit going on in the Middle East and Africa and have an opinion on it.

Good luck!

4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Do not wear a dress, its the Army your applying to not the Royal Marines.

5. Wisely said by PA. His first and second points need to be taken on board. When you turn up to your interview you need to come across as though you've done your research.

It's your first interview. It's not called "Formal" but you need to present yourself as well as you can all the time mate.
    Turn up with all your qualification certificates and docs anyway, in some sort of folder. (even for the most educated of people, it's not a massive weight to take with you)
    Perhaps take a note book, and write down some questions you want to know the answers to. You will be given a lot of info and so might forget what the questions were you wanted answering in the first place.

Take everything on board. Turn up on time. Be respectful. Remember that they know a lot more than you, so listen.

Good luck mate! Be yourself and relax. They can tell when you're acting and they can smell fear.

6. Turn up. No joke

My brother forgot, still got in mind and doing very well considering he spends his time messing with boats and stuff

7. I had a nightmare the other day that I'd forgotten to turn up to my Attestation. It was awful.

Yeah mate, make sure you're there. You won't be able to sell yourself from bed.

8. Tie a windsor note for your tie.

9. smartly dressed,well prepared,confident & never hurts to be 10,15 minutes early for interview.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.