Interview tips please

Ha Ha Ha.

Glad to know you're settling in.

Is there a thirty-something frumpy female in your office? 10-1 she's your snitch or else wants a ride as well.

Hopefully your manager found it funny as well, although he 'had' to give you the bollocking.

PB

I've only got another 2 weeks there , its just a temping post , I started looking for my next job.

WW

Sorry to hear about your first interview problems WW.

If it's any comfort, it was probably nothing to do with the wheelchair. There are just too many c0cks out there in the business World who forget that common courtesy costs nowt. They turn up late, conduct an entirely amateur interview and probably don't even write if you didn't get the post.

As for the temping jobs, as others have said, they can often turn into a full-time post but it can take a few before you get lucky.

The advantage of temping is that you also get to run a rule over the company before commiting yourself to them.

Off on another tack, have you thought about training to be a teacher? Long holidays, short hours, good pay and a great pension. It's only teachers who've never done a proper job who whinge about the conditions. My oppo used to be a van driver and can't believe how easy teaching French is after being used to real work.

Best of luck.

FB

PS If you're not planning on sexually harrassing the 17 year old, perhaps you'd be kind enough to send us her phone number?

wheelchairwarrier said:
I've only got another 2 weeks there , its just a temping post , I started looking for my next job.

WW
Well it's been a good start - a confidence builder if nothing else. Good luck finding the next one!

wheelchairwarrier said:

WW
Mmmm you must be doing something right to get another 2 weeks WW stop it right now before they take you on full time! We need pics of the assistant!

Hi WW sorry to hear about the 1st cnut you met. Have you tried the NHS they have loads of office based posts and as ex-forces (someone with some commonsense and a bit of get up and go) you will piss over 99.9% of the civvies I met whilst in the NHS.

Also they are very PC and are scared shitless of falling foul of the disabilities discrimination act, as are the Civil Service, I know that both go to great trouble to accommodate people in your position so there may be some openings there.