Interview required to get passport - that was kept quiet!!

pomps said:
http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6370627.stm?dynamic_vote=ON#vote_6370627

It would seem you will need to pitch up for a face to face with a gov't approved retard to get your new passport in future!!!!

Imagine the Q&A needed....???!!! :pissedoff: :meditate: :thumright: :thumbdown:
first time applicants only being interviewed, renewals won't be

you forgot to mention that they'll be taking your fingerprints as well, so if you don't have a record they'll still be able to access your prints

fairmaidofperth said:
pomps said:
http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6370627.stm?dynamic_vote=ON#vote_6370627
It would seem you will need to pitch up for a face to face with a gov't approved retard to get your new passport in future!!!!
Imagine the Q&A needed....???!!! :pissedoff: :meditate: :thumright: :thumbdown:
Apparently NOT ... in a couple of years, if I want to keep my UK passport, I may have to travel to your country to get the "photo and fingerprint" treatment to renew.
How much that's going to cost me, and her, I dread to think. But then, of course, we're both retired officers, so are probably dodgy anyway.

Curve15 said:
you forgot to mention that they'll be taking your fingerprints as well, so if you don't have a record they'll still be able to access your prints
Something to hide curve?

fairmaidofperth said:
From 2009 anyone renewing their passprt will be interviewed too

dingerr said:
Curve15 said:
Something to hide curve?
It is not just what is illegal at the moment, but what a future government might make illegal in the future - just imagine if drinking were made illegal in this country, for instance

This is just a form of vetting, and good on it.

I doubt whether the armed forces will be affected by this, as we have already undergone some form of vetting or another.

There are people whinging about this and probably the same people who whinge about the amount of illegal immigrants in the country, many of whom have entered under false passports.

At least there is an attempt at doing something about the illegal immigrants.

ugly

LE
dingerr said:

I doubt whether the armed forces will be affected by this, as we have already undergone some form of vetting or another.

There are people whinging about this and probably the same people who whinge about the amount of illegal immigrants in the country, many of whom have entered under false passports.

I suspect that they will treat you with the same special respect they have shown Cols Mendoca and the Collins and all the others the cps have ballsed up. No charge in law then no fingerprint. I dont trust the govt keeping info safe. They are numpties!

ugly

LE
dingerr said:

What do they need a passport for anyway, they burn theirs on arrival so you cant deport them. If I was an illegal I wouldnt need a passport and lets face it they can be stolen/bought.
The service you render your country right now is worth 0 to them and dont you live under any illusion of a land fit for heroes!

I don't think like that at all.

The point about the forces is just an admin one, it serves no purpose to the passport office or the military to interview a member to ascertain their credentials when that has already been done by the military.

Can you imagine the hassle with the amoount of passports for forces personnel that have to be renewed each year. The military are obviously taken into consideration by the passport office my passports for the whole family arrived on the doorstep within 2 days and a couple of them were first issues.

I think this interviewing has something to do with the sham marriages that occur alot.

ugly

LE
You can see that they wont have thought out the logistical difficulties of it though, they will be jobsworth cnuts who cant think outside of the pc screen tick box!

From 2009, interviews will also be compulsory for the millions more people who apply to renew lost, stolen or expired passports each year.
I read this as meaning that if you are renewing a passport before it has run out there is no need for an interview only if has been expired for a period of time before renewal.

Saxybabe said:
fairmaidofperth said:
Thanks, just spotted that. So this means that as a Brit living abroad not only do I have to fork out 268 quid at current prices for myself and the 3 kids but we all have to have interviews.......... blimey, better prepare the kids, their English might need brushing up! How the heck are they going to interview babies? What about all the Brits living in the back of beyond in far flung places? Those who don't have webcams? Who are too ill to travel? The deaf and dumb? Have they really thought about this..............

ugly

LE
I will weara veil in accordance with my choice under the human rights regs. I will also chose not to give y fingerprints unless charged by the police as a religeous right. Who wants to form a crazy sect?

If you're too ill to travel why do you need a passport?

Yes i know i've slapped myself round the head for you.

dingerr said:
If you're too ill to travel why do you need a passport?

Yes i know i've slapped myself round the head for you.
Sorry about this but i've been reading a few posts over the last few days and your a bit of an agent Provocatuer ar'nt you. In answer to all you're previous on this subject and having worked in admin overseas if the passport office can **ck a squaddie over with regards to their passport they will and on experience have. :shakefist:

Ahhh the wonderful world we live in where law abiding citizens have their every official move complicated and buggerised around because of a bunch of fatherless profiteers abusing the system and bringing in illegals left right and centre. Applies for almost everything now really does it not? Considering the amount of reported "administrative errors" and "unforseen occurrences" with dissemination of supposedly confidential information in the data containment units of many of these "gummint" departments I would think the actual, more frightening, figure is much higher and goes by in a "don't tell it won't matter" haze for them. I would not trust them with a damp sock let alone fingerprints but alas we have little choice when they legislate these things. The criminals, well I think their profession speaks for itself. They just go on as normal and charge a bit more.

fairmaidofperth said:
Saxybabe said:
fairmaidofperth said:
Thanks, just spotted that. So this means that as a Brit living abroad not only do I have to fork out 268 quid at current prices for myself and the 3 kids but we all have to have interviews.......... blimey, better prepare the kids, their English might need brushing up! How the heck are they going to interview babies? What about all the Brits living in the back of beyond in far flung places? Those who don't have webcams? Who are too ill to travel? The deaf and dumb? Have they really thought about this..............
Can't you apply at an Embassy? Seems like a very badly thought out plan. Renewal should not require a face-to-face interview, not least because the civil service is not reknowned for its efficiency.

This is the way to do these things: https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TMFServlet?app=MHA-SIR-APPLES&isNew=true&Reload=true

I renewed my passport whilst overseas - took just short of 2 weeks. My UK driving licence application took close to 3 weeks FFS!