Interview on Drill Night

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Queen_of_Lesbeth, Feb 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive been asked to attend an interview with the unit I want to join in two weeks and I was wondering what should I take? Should I do any research beforehand and if so what? And lastly what should I expect?

Thanks
    QoL

2. Turn up and look interested.

Ask questions that you need to get to confirm that you want to be part of that unit.

If you want to proceed tell them.

You should expect to find out all about the unit what they have done and what they do and what the commitment is.

If you want to confirm your interest take; ID (driving licence (paper and plastic card) passport, birth certificate, proof of address,

And know what your height and weight is although they should be able to assist you in this area.

3. Okay thank you.

4. Dress smart, shave, highly polished shoes - This is a job interview.
    Research a bit of research about the Unit and Regiment and what they are doing now. They should have a web site with this one.
    Ask loads and loads of questions, look keen.
    Be polite.

Good Luck, you'll love it!!!

5. They should give you a 'brown envelope' with all the paper work in i.e application form, criminal record, form medical form, security clearance (if the type of unit needs one) ect.

You will get through selection etc quicker if you complete the forms ASAP and get them in as soon as you can.

If you are an ex cadet, dont give it the big I am!!

Enjoy it, the recruit process can take a while but bare with it.

Stilts

6. I'm not an ex cadet so no problem there. Dont need to shave either. The site doesnt say anything on the unit just what the criteria is.
    Thanks for all your help.

7. haha shave what? your a girl, that made me laugh

im getting nowhere fast with my application! heard nothing off the online application, phoned up my local only to find out they cant accept me, got told to call another regiment, got no answer there

8. Where abouts in birmingham are you stayce?

9. dudley is my closest but i got told to call stourbridge cus they had no places left for women

10. Well thats not exactly brum is it :wink:

11. most people look at me blankly if i say dudley or any of the smaller areas so i just put birmingham ....
    sorry to mislead

12. Nay bother, As for the interweb application, I wouldnt expect to get anything remotely helpful out of that. In a month or so time a DVD and a few booklets will arrive at your address, thats about it.
    Can you travel or would you like to keep local.
    Have you looked here?

http://www.tanearyou.org.uk/

13. mm yes i did receive the o so helpful dvd....
    i had to sell my car so id like it fairly local, dudley would of been handy :(

14. Hey Stayce sorry to hear its not going so well for you. I heared that applying through the net doesnt go very fast. What were they on about no woman spaces? Surely they dont have a certain amount of spaces for women? Although i know the army isnt it claims to be an equal sex employer so i would question this.
    Lol i know im a girl but lordvonharley doesnt:
    'Dress smart, shave, highly polished shoes - This is a job interview'

I didnt get DVDs or anything like that. I had booklets but only because i went to a TAC and they gave them to me.

15. Not my fault I did not know you are a girl. You might be a bloke from Lesbeth who is light in the loafers.
    Though I have worked with some very hairy women over the years so the advice is not all wasted.