Interview help

#1
Hi, I've got my ACO interview on wednesday. Can anyone give me any more description of a VM? Also my second choice is recovery mechanic and then metalsmith. Also is phase 1 at Pirbright, and phase 2 at Bordon?
Thanks
 
#3
Be yourself, turn up 5 mins early and dress smart, have a shave, take a note book and pencil, don't let them push you into a job you don't want to do and note down some questions before you go.

As for the choice of job; (From Army site)

VM - http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/Jobs/JobDetail.htm?armyjobid=EME100A/109A&category=2

Recce Mech - http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/Jobs/JobDetail.htm?armyjobid=EME100E/109E&category=2

Metalsmith - http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/Jobs/JobDetail.htm?armyjobid=EME100D/109D&category=2

Questions you might want to ask;

How long will it take to get in to training?
How long after completing basic training will I have to wait to get on a trade course?

CC_TA

Feel free to pm me if you need any more info - good luck!
 
#4
As CC_TA says prep before the interview, smarty turned out, i posted this to your question on training wing but will add here aswell for info from when i was the intervewer.

The_IRON said:
When doing the Recruiter interviews I used to get my applicants to expand a bit more on their job briefs when they got down to ADSC as the more you talk the less questions you will be asked at the end by th PSO.
As per your job briefs say your going to SEME School of Elctrical and Mechanical Engineering at Bordon, Hants for 20 weeks vehicle mechanics. Add the following
Say the course consists of Academics (science, maths and materials) petrol and diesel engine Technology, FIP and fuel components, Transmissions (gearbox and steering), Electrics and then onto heavy B fuel tanker vehicles or tracked vehicles if an A mech. Also say that you could either be posted to a 2nd Line Workshop to give support to smaller REME units or major repairs or to 1st Line LADs (Light Aid Detachments) to support units or Regiments. Good luck on your interviews just know your three job briefs inside out and for basi and trade training remember to say where your going, how long you'll be there and what you will be doing at each phase.

What ever you say dont say B mechs are a bunch of girly pansies who couldnt kick a skin off a rice pudding. :wink:
Just turn up early, be smart and confident, dont fidget and do most of the talking instead of answering just yes and no. Good luck

edited to say your quick brief of phase 1 would be.

Ill be doing 14 weeks of basic training at Pirbright (if still correct) doing footdrill, weapon drill, first aid, map reading, NBC, assault courses and physical fitness, how to handle and fire a rifle. Once completed ill attend SEME Bordon for my trade course........ as job briefs.

As said the more you talk the less you are asked.
 
#5
The_IRON said:
As CC_TA says prep before the interview, smarty turned out, i posted this to your question on training wing but will add here aswell for info from when i was the intervewer.

The_IRON said:
When doing the Recruiter interviews I used to get my applicants to expand a bit more on their job briefs when they got down to ADSC as the more you talk the less questions you will be asked at the end by th PSO.
As per your job briefs say your going to SEME School of Elctrical and Mechanical Engineering at Bordon, Hants for 20 weeks vehicle mechanics. Add the following
Say the course consists of Academics (science, maths and materials) petrol and diesel engine Technology, FIP and fuel components, Transmissions (gearbox and steering), Electrics and then onto heavy B fuel tanker vehicles or tracked vehicles if an A mech. Also say that you could either be posted to a 2nd Line Workshop to give support to smaller REME units or major repairs or to 1st Line LADs (Light Aid Detachments) to support units or Regiments. Good luck on your interviews just know your three job briefs inside out and for basi and trade training remember to say where your going, how long you'll be there and what you will be doing at each phase.

What ever you say dont say B mechs are a bunch of girly pansies who couldnt kick a skin off a rice pudding. :wink:
Just turn up early, be smart and confident, dont fidget and do most of the talking instead of answering just yes and no. Good luck
Even though it is true!

Awaiting Incoming!
 
#6
The_IRON said:
As CC_TA says prep before the interview, smarty turned out, i posted this to your question on training wing but will add here aswell for info from when i was the intervewer.

The_IRON said:
When doing the Recruiter interviews I used to get my applicants to expand a bit more on their job briefs when they got down to ADSC as the more you talk the less questions you will be asked at the end by th PSO.
As per your job briefs say your going to SEME School of Elctrical and Mechanical Engineering at Bordon, Hants for 20 weeks vehicle mechanics. Add the following
Say the course consists of Academics (science, maths and materials) petrol and diesel engine Technology, FIP and fuel components, Transmissions (gearbox and steering), Electrics and then onto heavy B fuel tanker vehicles or tracked vehicles if an A mech. Also say that you could either be posted to a 2nd Line Workshop to give support to smaller REME units or major repairs or to 1st Line LADs (Light Aid Detachments) to support units or Regiments. Good luck on your interviews just know your three job briefs inside out and for basi and trade training remember to say where your going, how long you'll be there and what you will be doing at each phase.

What ever you say dont say B mechs are a bunch of girly pansies who couldnt kick a skin off a rice pudding. :wink:
Just turn up early, be smart and confident, dont fidget and do most of the talking instead of answering just yes and no. Good luck

edited to say your quick brief of phase 1 would be.

Ill be doing 14 weeks of basic training at Pirbright (if still correct) doing footdrill, weapon drill, first aid, map reading, NBC, assault courses and physical fitness, how to handle and fire a rifle. Once completed ill attend SEME Bordon for my trade course........ as job briefs.

As said the more you talk the less you are asked.
That should get you a B Mech post like the Ferrous type chap!! 8)
 
#7
two-four-albert said:
That should get you a B Mech post like the Ferrous type chap!! 8)
Check pm's gramps :D
 
T

the_mentalist

Guest
#8
The_IRON said:
As CC_TA says prep before the interview, smarty turned out,
Is that red or yellow smarties Iron :D :D :D

Or was it yellow jelly babies (or is that a different thread) :D
 
#9
the_mentalist said:
The_IRON said:
As CC_TA says prep before the interview, smarty turned out,
Is that red or yellow smarties Iron :D :D :D

Or was it yellow jelly babies (or is that a different thread) :D

Surely that should be Blue Yellow and Red smarties or jelly babies!!!
 
#10
Viking_of_the_sky said:
the_mentalist said:
The_IRON said:
As CC_TA says prep before the interview, smarty turned out,
Is that red or yellow smarties Iron :D :D :D

Or was it yellow jelly babies (or is that a different thread) :D

Surely that should be Blue Yellow and Red smarties or jelly babies!!!
Yes I agree, but admit I fcuked up T_M. I realised you would be getting your own back on me. :cry:
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top