Interview 3 Question

P

PrinceAlbert

MACP - Military Aid to the Civil Power

MACA - Military Aid to the Civil Authorities

MACC - Military Aid to the Civil Community

Why the **** you'd need to know that in any interview is beyond me.

MACP - Military Aid to the Civil Power

MACA - Military Aid to the Civil Authorities

MACC - Military Aid to the Civil Community

Why the **** you'd need to know that in any interview is beyond me.
Gives the applicant an idea of other roles a soldier could do besides Humanitarian, peace Keeping, combat so things of the past like Fire strikes, floods, foot and mouth, ambulance strikes etc..etc...etc. Also gets them to see of things happening this year like Olympic security and possible fuel tanker strikes...so is pretty relevant.

P

PrinceAlbert

...so is pretty relevant.
I can appreciate the candidate requiring an idea that we do more than just assault gun positions and get home in time for tea and medals - but to ask them to know what MACP etc stand for is a bit much.

There are many titles like these ones what is the job you are being interviewed for? is it medical?
Why? You clearly don't require any more drugs.

I can appreciate the candidate requiring an idea that we do more than just assault gun positions and get home in time for tea and medals - but to ask them to know what MACP etc stand for is a bit much.

The OP asked what it is...not what it stands for but to be honest a lot of the interviews are there to make sure that they are fully aware of what kind of situations they could encounter from riot control, to culling sheep/cows if we ever have do that again...so pretty relevant.....not after an arguement understand your view but applicants need to look at the bigger picture of what the forces actually do.

I might be coming slightly from left field here but perhaps you could look it up for yourself. It took me approximately 2 seconds to find this:

https://update.cabinetoffice.gov.uk...actsheet14-Military-Aid-Civil-Authorities.pdf

I didn't bother with the others but you probably get the idea.

And before you say it, no, I don't think that a random post on ARRSE really counts as 'research', although arguably you did find out what the abbreviations stand for.

I might be coming slightly from left field here but perhaps you could look it up for yourself. It took me approximately 2 seconds to find this:

https://update.cabinetoffice.gov.uk...actsheet14-Military-Aid-Civil-Authorities.pdf

I didn't bother with the others but you probably get the idea.

And before you say it, no, I don't think that a random post on ARRSE really counts as 'research', although arguably you did find out what the abbreviations stand for.
Spot on Ethel and as you say it doesn't take long to research these things...wish I had the internet when I joined up in the 80's