Interveiw for Welbeck

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by EdMcDead, Jan 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey everyone, first time post so please bear with me...

I had my interview with an army careers advisor today and I mentioned that I intend to do A-levels before I join up so I can go for officer training, also that I want to join the REME. Now my details are going to be passed onto a Colonel and he is going to interveiw me and asses me to see whether I'm suitable for Welbeck defence sixth form college, so now I should be called to arrange a time for me to come in which should be in a few days. I really want to go to the college because of the prospects it offers me but I'm worried that I'll mess up my interview and ruin my chances. I would like some advice on the sort of questions he may ask, how I can prepare for it and any other general advice to help me secure a place.
    Thanks.

2. You'll need to brush up on your grammar and spelling! Good luck.

3. Dress smartly; wear your tie properly and polish your shoes. Make sure you address the interviewer correctly; these things all form part of their first impression of you. Research your desired career well, and also make sure you have a good knowledge of the army in general. Keep up with current affairs; make sure you have a sensible opinion on major issues, and you can express it clearly. Research Welbeck; what it is, what it offers, why it's right for you, etc. Research the Defence Technical Undergraduate Scheme (DTUS), which you will be a part of after DSFC whilst at university. You should also have a funny, clean joke in mind beforehand.

It's a job interview; you're trying to make a good impression and sell yourself. Good luck :)

4. Hi all,

I'm applying to join Welbeck, and hopefully the Royal Engineers in due time. I noticed that the RE run insight courses (for people over 14) and potential officer fam visits (for people over 17.5).

As I am obviously not 17.5 years old yet, do you recommend that I go to the insight course (which i think is aimed at soldiers) instead?