Internet Security Policies

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar, Aug 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know this site is well policed (thanks to all the MODs et al).

But looking through facebook, I quickly found pictures that could be deemed as slightly dodgy (girl on girl (phwoor), topless photo's (phwoor plus - oops down right degrading and should be removed), unit ORBATs, possible links to .....).

I understand for OR's this can't really be policed (apart from AGAI 67 action), but could be for officers. Is their any proper official guidance on this matter? It seems the Army can't keep up with the internet and the only guidance I've seen is to do with emails and public forums (i.e. Arrse in the infamous DIN).

I was recently warned off about PM's/emails and 'potentially' threatened with an AGAI, all I'd done was repeat unclass information posted on this site and the main army site. I'd considered raising an AGAI in protest (the complaint one, can't remember the number).

2. msr

msr LE

There is no doubt that facebook et al should be included in the security part of MATT6.

I would have thought a polite PM to the page owner would be in order, with a reminder of the 'Front page of the Sun' test and perhaps a couple of pertinent links.

msr

3. Oh what fun I had with facebook, some very red faces last time I ran MATT6 :twisted:

4. msr

msr LE

5. Ahem, for research purposes could you send me the link to the facebook topless pictures?

but yeah in all seriousness there's all kinds of dodgy crap on there, for example new Sandhurst intakes organising to meet up in X place on X day - I know its stretching it a bit here but anyone could turn up and do in X number of potential Officers etc.

6. Two recruits got topped at Lichfield Station, going back some, by the IRA, so I am told.

It does happen.

7. msr

msr LE

In June 1990 the station was in the news after an off-duty soldier was shot and killed, and two others were wounded when two IRA gunmen opened fire. [2] A plaque commemorating the incident is situated in the station.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lichfield_City_railway_station

msr

8. Surely you're not deviating - even one syllable - from the prescribed, comprehensive and engaging text of MATT 6?