Internet Rumour?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by chrisg46, Jul 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Currently on my facebook page are numerous comments about the Olympic McD's policy is to not serve squaddies in uniform during the games. Anyone else heard this one? Strikes me as another starbucks special (snopes.com: Starbucks Refuses Marines) but one person says it has coe from his head shed that its true...

Anyone else?

2. It's due to their IRA sympathies.

• Like Like x 1
  3. To the bus!!! We're going to London via Browns in Coventry!!! Bruuuuuummmmmmmm!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

Get a section to stand in front of the doors telling everyone its shut. The rules will soon change.

5. I thought maccies were franchises so head office gets no say in service policy in that way.

6. Is that "service policy" a play on words? If so, well played that man!!

7. Not quite true actually. They are refusing, as did that Tesco branch in Wales some time ago, to serve people wearing pyjamas - perhaps this is where the misunderstanding has arisen?

8. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

I would bet my left knacker that this is a load of crap.

1) They are a sophisticated international company who know more about public relations than almost any other business.
    2) They are a US business and should they refuse to serve a serviceman in uniform they would find the wrath of the US public on their arses
    3) They have ridden out dealing with bloody idiot rumour spreaders and trouble causer such as Chrissie Hynde before and come out triumphant
    4) They regularly offer military discounts so why would they bite the publicity hand that feed them
    5) The rumour will have been started by a hairy legged militant vegan who thinks wearing leather shoes is worse than genocide
    6) If you are daft enough to accept anything like this at face value then my name is Dr. Watson Okay Woggu and I am the former chief cashier of the bank of Cape Town. I have recently closed several hundred dormant accounts and I have had you recommended to me as a reliable partner in transferring this money to an orpahn's charity in Egypt. You will be paid 20% gross for handling the transaction, just send me an email with your bank account number, name, sort code and a photograph of your wife's breasts covered in chocolate sauce.

• Like Like x 3
  9. I can do most of point 6 but i'm out of choc sauce

10. Look, FAD is a bit tacky but you're just taking the piss there.

11. It does read that way but I was thinking more along the lines of "no shirt, no shoes, no service" that kind of thing.

Maccies are effectively independent businesses.

12. Just rock up with a coffin and say you're on a break. When they refuse to serve you, kick off and go moaning to the papers. Someone will lose their livelihood and hey presto, you'll soon be bought beers by every ****ing busy body that's got **** all going on in their sad, boring lives.

13. If by "Olympic McDs" they mean the shitburger outlets at Olympic event venues and if "won't serve squaddies in uniform" means won't serve people working at the venues in their work uniform.... Then it might just be true and I don't see too many sparks flying.

Otherwise I'd be pretty much in agreement with maninblack.

14. Have you read local reactions to Browns attitude to customers way before the Cpl Thacker debacle occurred?
    I'd suggest you do. Also, if I do rock up with a coffin, I hope it's yours, not my brother's or some other NOK. Ingrate.

15. Why would you want to eat in MaccyD's anyway? I'm sure its not actually food but a form of hypnotism to make you think you've eaten a floppy, limp, lifeless mess pretending to be a burger. Just how long is it before your hungry again?