Internet- Ping

anglo

LE
Find some mug kind person with BT and try your set up on their internet connection,
Not only would that check your gear, it would indicate if BT is any good.

Ignoring hop 11 (which I get timeouts for), you are seeing 82-85ms added between akamai's sech-lon2.netarch.akamai.com node and it's deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com node - checking a route from here I can see a similar 78-83ms jump on my routing between the same parts of akamai's network.

The Virgin Media response times of 7-9ms and 11-13ms are reasonable.

There is nothing you can directly do about this - it's either a general congestion issue within akamai or the game company not paying for sufficient transit / processing. You can complain to the game company with the trace route and ask them why Akamai are making their game unplayable and what they are planning to do about it, but I wouldn't expect much of a response.

Ignoring hop 11 (which I get timeouts for), you are seeing 82-85ms added between akamai's sech-lon2.netarch.akamai.com node and it's deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com node - checking a route from here I can see a similar 78-83ms jump on my routing between the same parts of akamai's network.

The Virgin Media response times of 7-9ms and 11-13ms are reasonable.

There is nothing you can directly do about this - it's either a general congestion issue within akamai or the game company not paying for sufficient transit / processing. You can complain to the game company with the trace route and ask them why Akamai are making their game unplayable and what they are planning to do about it, but I wouldn't expect much of a response.
So I'm guessing a switch to another ISP is not going to help?

Go Fibre Optic perhaps?
It's not always needed I get 20-30 ms normally gaming and that's sat on the slopes of a mountain over telegraph lines

I only max out about 60mb download speed but my ping is pretty consistent

Which means there's bugger all I can do about it.

It still doesn't feel right as an answer.

Why did I suffer issues only when I moved to the new location, and why only on this virgin media connection, why not on the Three network? Surely that has the same path to the games company? surely the problem would have been fixed if it was on the Akamai's network, after all its been going on for just under a year.
Because you'll hit the main network channels that are likely to be newer and fast when operating over mobile. Who knows what Virgin are renting from Openreach? You'll be coming off an MSAN somewhere nearby but who knows how old it is or what infrastructure it sits on. And then how close is it to the core network? I'd keep speaking to Virgin and asking why 3 was a better service.

Latest Threads