Internet Explorer Freezes On Arrse Pages

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by the_wolf, Oct 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it just me that has this problem? It seems to do it mostly when i open the last 50 page resulting in me having to close it completely and reopen again after which it works fine for a couple of times.

Just wondering if its Arrse or my computer, it seems to be fine with every other site

2. I had something similar happen when IE8 came out, I switched over to Firefox and have had no problem since.

3. Me too, but only on the 'Last 50' button, not on any other button nor on other sites. Ditch the Internet Explorer, Firefox is a freebie download, sorts it and handles so much else much better.

Mark you, the last version of the site it never happened, old is better, lah lah lah, 7.62, ad infinitum

4. Forget Firefox. Install Google Chrome. It's faster and more stable than Firefox.

5. I run Opera now. Better than IE, Google or Firefox. IE is for newbies to the internet.

6. Opera is the dogs danglies EXCEPT for Mac's running OS X 10.4.1. When they upgraded Opera they eliminated something for OS X compatability. If you have OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard it will work great but they only work on Mac's with Intel chips, not G4, G5 Macs

I have always found IE to be the worst of each generation of browsers.

7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Does anyone else currently have the same problem? Which version of IE? ("Help->About" in your browser menu, or, on the right, "? button->About Internet Explorer")

8. Its IE8 im running on my laptop. Doesnt seem to happen on DII machines, then again these are probably older than my granny. The DII machine im on now is running IE6

Ive got Opera installed but im not a fan, might have a look at firefox though, IE is starting to seem a bit dated now

9. When you say the page 'freezes' Wolf do you mean that the page partially loads but does not open fully?
    This is happening to me at the moment but other sites load as normal. As I said before I use Firefox. Tried Opera and didn't like it.

Edited to include : When I change a page or go to last 50 the box at the top of the page loads but the rest refuses to load, I have to refresh umpteen times before it will load.

10. I think it's some of the ads which are causing problems. I get similar issues using Yahoo mail.

11. You may be right T_T, until I saw the_wolf's post I just assumed it was me, seems quite sporadic at the moment.