Internet Explorer 9

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by fairy_nuff, Oct 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't touch it! I downloaded it and it's taken 4 days and £30 to get my computer back. All the favorites have gone, contacts, emails and some documents. The buggeration factor is high.

2. Why are you using Internet Explorer anyway? You should use firefox or something like that.

3. HHH

HHH LE

I use IE9 and like it !

4. msr

msr LE

This does not sound to me like the fault of IE9...

msr

5. I've got it on my desk top p.c, no problems at all with it, particularly like the search function being built in to the browser bar.

6. No it's not the nut behind the keyboard, PC World said that there had been loads of people with problems with it

7. +1 - even when I had a PC, I never used IE. There are so many better options out there.

8. HHH

HHH LE

I don't know about that, maybe in the past, but IE 9 is hard to beat( you do need windows 7 to run it)

9. I have it, but rarely use it as it is inferior to Chrome, Firefox or Opera. It often loses contact and blames the page it is on.

10. You mean like Firefox has been doing for years, with extensions for specifically searching Ebay, Amazon, IMDB etc? :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

11. Why are you labouring under the incorrect impression that anyone at PC ******* knows anything about computers?

Nothing wrong with IE9, you have had a pre-existing, underlying problem.

12. I don't think you can uninstall IE 9?

13. Lol, so it does, just tried it on my laptop. Well what do you know.

14. You might want to try Opera. Very fast and even has a Turbo setting for slow connections..comes up automatically and asks if you want to run it if you are using a slow connection.. like ARRSE has experienced in the recent past.

• Like Like x 1
  15. although i'm mostly using firefox /10.0a1 - nightly atm/, i never had any problems with IE. and, tbh, ie9 seems to be quite good /although i haven't tested it for long time/. so- your computer problems don't seem to be triggered by IE... maybe PEBKAC than ;)?