Internet explorer 8?

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by bigbird67, Jan 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Microsoft updates keeps telling me to download IE8 but I vaguely remember much cursing and swearing when it first came out because of all the glitches it caused. Does anyone have any opinions about it now? Has it improved or do those in the know still run away screaming at its very mention??

2. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

I'm the same, when I did have it it was constantly making the Internet crash. Now I just refuse the update.

3. Running it on W7 on desktop & laptop & no problems,

IMO browser's are a personnal thing anyway so each to their own.

4. Using Google Chrome and Opera. Both beat IE8 hands down.

5. I also use Chrome, far quicker and easier to use than IE.

6. Ie8? I have Ie9 dont use it too much sticking with FireFox for now but Ie9 doesn't seem too bad at the moment give it a Try.

Link to Ie9 Beta

7. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

As Beemer, laptop/Win7/IE8 no probs.

8. I need to run IE for certain Web based apps, so far IE8 hasn't caused me any problems (although I use Chrome for general browsing). However if you have a laptop avoid IE9 Beta it can cause conflicts with the graphics adapter leading to an error loop, I've had about 5 machines in for fixing with this problem since mid December.

9. Have risked it, and so far it seems ok on lappy. If i remember right, last time i tried it was on the pc which was around when Moses was so maybe leave that as it is!

10. I've had a good number to fix too.

11. No problems for me running 9 but i only use that for a change once in a while. The HTML5 seems good and quick though