Internet Explorer 11

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by bitterandtwisted, Mar 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok geek miesters any of you downloaded the new IE 11??? now this thing is supposed to be faster and the schnizzle the nizzle and the big bulls pizzle! It was released this morning... Anybody got any feedback or decent reviews on it as I am thinking of binning off firefox and you have to **** about dowloading plugins!!

Its free to download on the mircosoft website.....

Grateful for peoples feedback whether I should convert to dark side again....???

2. Have you seen the Firefox 4 beta! Have a go at that before you leave the ranks of the enlightened! It's very pretty, especially if you put a decent skin on it, hopefully you don't end up covered in clutter as well like you do on the last IE

3. I have had IE 11 for a while now and wish I had not bothered Firefox is a lot better and more reliable. IE 11 has a lot of problems with some of the sites and has to restart.

4. @ defender you must have had the beta version of ie 11... as its only got released today for downland - maybe they have iron these issues out?

5. Chrome. Simples.

6. I treid chrome and thought it was slow and particulary **** to be honest...

7. It must be VERY beta - Internet Explorer 9 was released today.

8. And my mistake it is 9 I have just been looking to see when I down loaded it

9. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

10. Sorry was reading the article today and thought it was 11 apologies

11. I read your title and thought that was what I had, but yes I have had it a while now and still causing problems.

12. But thats the beta version right? as I say it only got released at 4 am today?

13. Firefox 3.6.15 runs well, here on a Win 7 64 Bit Lappie. Giving IE9 a whirl now, will I regret this..

14. No idea I have had it since aleast the 8 feb as i refered to it in the ARRSE is down thread. In the about for IE it does not say beta so how can I tell