Internet E-mail for DII

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by THE_EDITOR, Feb 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know of an internet e-mail provider that can be accessed through DII so that e-mails sent out dont have to have .mod.uk on them ??

Thanks

2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I very, very much doubt if you will find one. but if you do, please PM me about it - if you post it on the Board, DII will cut it off faster than a Mohel at a mass birth!

3. As far as I have been told only certain unit individuals will have 'gatekeeper' access to the outside world and the WWW. The rest of us can only mail internally.

Most ISP's provide webmail but if you cannot get external access from DII then its next to useless.

Cheers

4. Amynet is great but it only allows e-mail to be sent with the extension @armynet.mod.uk - great for OPSEC - I know yahoo, google mail, hotmail et al cant be used but there must be something somewhere otherwise out Internet Security Policy seems to be identify yourself as Army evey time you hit send and with IGS on DII other internet terminals are being withdrawn from units.

5. OSnowy - see your pm's.

6. Snowy - if you get an answer through PMs I'd appreciate a copy

Thanks

7. Same here, please.

8. Naaa this is blocked too aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh :)

9. Thanx - none seem to work - aaaaaaaaaaaagh

10. Gents,

May I remind you that the posting of proxy servers et al on Arrse will only increase the chances of Arrse getting blocked at the EGS.

11. in English?

12. Keep schtum, Big DITSO may be watching.