International Philosopy Day

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by fertman, Nov 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes indeed, that is what today is. Anyone got any gems of wisdom to help celebrate?

For my own part, I'd say Why have an international philosophy day when 2/3 of the world probably can't even spell it?
  2. How can it be proved to me that my experience of, what I perceive to be, consciousness is the same as anyone else's perception of consciousness?

At what point are we 'good enough'?

Why do they use a sterilised needle during a lethal injection?
  3. From me

Stay in your own fookin country, and stop turning mine into a shite hole, its bad enough without any more outside help.
  4. If a philosopher gets wood and there's no-one there to see it, does it still make a noise?

Other than that, see my sig block.
  5. Roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    this poem should rhyme,
    but it fcking doesnt.
  6. A hand job is better than nothing.
    Nothing is better than sex with a beautiful woman.
    A wank is better than a good shag.
  7. I was tempted to suggest you go and infest their fooking country and turn theirs into a sh1thole ..... and see how they like it ....

.... but, even if it is the NAAFI, I can't be like that.
  8. So, when a Philosopher has a dump.... he/she/it thinks....

"I Dump/Defecate/Urinate/Shite...
    So, therefore I Am... Human...

Does the Philospher contemplate where his dump goes, and what impact it has on the structures of reality....

"A closed mouth gathers no feet!" :oops: :p
  9. If I thought about philosophy....... would anyone care?
  10. Whenever you are feeling happy and content, just remember: you've probably yet to experience the worst pain of your life.
  11. Coito ergo sum
  12. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

E Pluribus Anum? ;)
  13. I once had my head up my mums cnut when I was a baby, so why should it be incest if I chose to shove it in there now?
  14. If I were to travel back in time and have sex with myself, would it be gay or just masturbation?
  15. TheTeaAnarchist has just changed the Matrix.