International Military Competitions, know of any?

Hi all,

Most Brits should be aware of Exercise Cambrian Patrol, a great and time tested competition!

However, I'm looking for other militaries who host similar events, for the international community to apply and be tested.

Anyone know of others? I've done some extensive googling and found a few, they need to be team event (section/for team), applicable for Infantry (not SF ones). If you have heard of one, please drop the name (and country is possible), if you have a link great, if not, I dont expect people to be doing the leg work for me!

I'll be posting a similar message in the International groups on this page, but this seems the best place to request details for the moment.

Many thanks,

Elvis

ugly

LE
There are loads of international military comps about. Not sure how you get involved though.
I believe there are a suite of international sniping comps, the US used to host us for a small arms combat shooting comp, there must be others!

If you’re into things mountainous, there’s the biennial Swiss ‘Patrouille Des Glaciers’. Unfortunately they have discontinued their ‘Raid Commando’.
Last year there was also an international competition in Jordan.

Theres sniper comps held in the Czech republic every year , afaik its open to all service personnel and civvy`s by invitation.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Georg von Boeselager was a cavalry officer implicated in the July 44 plot to kill Hitler. In my day it was normal for our Support/ Assault/ Surveillance/ Whatever it's called this week Troops to participate in a BAOR wide reconnaissance competition named after him.

Held every other year between 1970 and 1996.

Edit. Initially I only briefly scanned the German language second link. Went back to read it properly. Found this snippet:

Nachdem in den ersten Jahren sich lediglich die elf deutschen Panzeraufklärungsbataillone miteinander maßen, kamen ab 1976 Mannschaften aus ca. zehn NATO-Staaten und Frankreich dazu.

Google Translate is sh¡t:

After only the eleven German Panzeraufklärungsbataillone measured in the early years, came from 1976 teams from about ten NATO countries and France.

Let me offer mine:

Whereas only the eleven German armoured recce battalions took part in the early years, from 1976, teams from about ten NATO countries took part. And France.

I get the feeling the German who wrote this had a sense of humour and only just about counted France.*

_____
* I know the French took the hump at NATO setting up their HQ in Brussels and only allowed NATO to play with French soldiers when the French chose. Still interesting wording of France as an afterthought.

Last edited:
There are loads of international military comps about. Not sure how you get involved though.
I believe there are a suite of international sniping comps, the US used to host us for a small arms combat shooting comp, there must be others!
Not worried about getting involved, shouldn't be hard to do once I have a name. Sniping is good, but looking for general soldiering, not niche competitions (sniper, tank, SF etc)

Thanks

If you’re into things mountainous, there’s the biennial Swiss ‘Patrouille Des Glaciers’. Unfortunately they have discontinued their ‘Raid Commando’.
Yeah, members of my Regiment did the Swiss Raid Commando in the early 2000's, didn't know about the other. Thanks!

Not worried about getting involved, shouldn't be hard to do once I have a name. Sniping is good, but looking for general soldiering, not niche competitions (sniper, tank, SF etc)

Thanks
So what do you want to do ?

Yeah, aware of that one, unfortunately looking for generalists Infantry or Shooting Comps, not niche like Snipers etc.

Thanks though
Georg von Boeselager was a cavalry officer implicated in the July 44 plot to kill Hitler. In my day it was normal for our Support/ Assault/ Surveillance/ Whatever it's called this week Troops to participate in a BAOR wide reconnaissance competition named after him.

Held every other year between 1970 and 1996.

Edit. Initially I only briefly scanned the German language second link. Went back to read it properly. Found this snippet:

Nachdem in den ersten Jahren sich lediglich die elf deutschen Panzeraufklärungsbataillone miteinander maßen, kamen ab 1976 Mannschaften aus ca. zehn NATO-Staaten und Frankreich dazu.

Google Translate is sh¡t:

After only the eleven German Panzeraufklärungsbataillone measured in the early years, came from 1976 teams from about ten NATO countries and France.

Let me offer mine:

Whereas only the eleven German armoured recce battalions took part in the early years, from 1976, teams from about ten NATO countries took part. And France.

I get the feeling the German who wrote this had a sense of humour and only just about counted France.*

_____
* I know the French took the hump at NATO setting up their HQ in Brussels and only allowed NATO to play with French soldiers when the French chose. Still interesting wording of France as an afterthought.
Cheers, I'll have a look!

The Swiss Raid being pulled was a bummer, that was a damn fine competition.

Jordan have a mega impressive SF training centre open to client nations and they hold an impressive competition there annually for some of the international SF unit's - Warrior Competition.

The US ARMY Sniper School hosts an annual snipey competiton.

Edit to add: I just remembered the International para jumps training and competition organised by the US annually. Loads of jumps, probably a couple of sets of wings (depending on who is attending*) and much beer for participants. You need to be para qualified.

Official website: ===> Home

note: * Plus making contacts to go other places

Last edited:
The Swiss Raid being pulled was a bummer, that was a damn fine competition.

Jordan have a mega impressive SF training centre open to client nations and they hold an impressive competition there annually for some of the international SF unit's - Warrior Competition.

The US ARMY Sniper School hosts an annual snipey competiton.

Edit to add: I just remembered the International para jumps training and competition organised by the US annually. Loads of jumps, probably a couple of sets of wings (depending on who is attending*) and much beer for participants. You need to be para qualified.

Official website: ===> Home

note: * Plus making contacts to go other places
Leapfest might be a possibility, thanks!

A former boxhead Hauptmann (Capt) Fallschirmjaeger I am mates with took his lads over about 8, or 9 years ago and they loved it from the tales I heard. He took a big bag of boxhead wings with him so that he had semi-official gizzits for the locals.

My mate made some contacts with the French when he was there and he managed to get a bunch of his lads on the French wings course at a later date.

We have an annual international marksmanship (ie sniper) competition

There has been U.K. participation as well

Latest Threads