International Insanity

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Chief_Joseph, Sep 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This whole forum has gone insane with US and UK members at each others throats. I've been trying to rectify the situation by being diplomatic, but everyone is too busy arguing to listen. Let's get some things straightened out.

Firstly, stop debating who won WWII. The ALLIES won WWII. Not the UK, not the US, the ALLIES. That includes Russia, China, Canada, Australia, France, Poland, Norway, and countless others. It's selfish for either the UK or US to try to compete for the glory. Britain stood alone for quite a long time, and won the battle of Britain. Yes, America came late, because Congress wouldn't let FDR get involved sooner. Sorry, but we did come, and we both worked together.

Second, Warcrimes. Every nation has skeletons in the closet. Individual service members sometimes commit crimes. However, US troops aren't fiery eyed genocidal monsters who drink the blood of arab children to feed their demonic powers. Americans don't simply shoot everything and everyone. The media paints a bad picture, but they do the same to squaddies as well.

Third, Hollywood. Yes, Hollywood is full of shite. We all know it. Don't think you're breaking new ground when you inform us of this. We know. U-571 sucked. And The Few or whatever the feck it's called will also suck.

This is a message to folks on both sides of the pond. Get a grip. We do have alot to learn from each other.

2. Pretty well said CJ. At last you've been converted. You almost sounded British there for a moment! It's very true, though we are better than you Yanks we are not as 'better' as we think we are!

3. Pretty well said CJ. At last you've been converted. You almost sounded British there for a moment! It's very true, though we are better than you Yanks we are not as 'better' as we think we are!

4. Ok now that we have agreed that arguing is pointless, can we go back to bickering like an old married couple?

And agreeing it isnt America we dislike just certain of your countrymen?

5. CJ, yet again, well said.

SC.

(I do agree with you however, please bear in mind that we often make offensive jokes with no ill intent.)

6. CJ, it's BS like this that makes us barf...

[​IMG]

7. or more exactly ............

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Barf it gives me wood

9. I know, and I enjoy those

10. Yes, and it makes me sick as well.

11. I didn't say that it didn't give me wood....... :wink: My fave' scene is the volley ball game where that oiled up muscley man flexes his biceps and his dog tags are swinging around his neck..... :wink: Such an American 'regular guy' hero.... cnut....

12. CJ, for once I have to say I disagree with some of what you wrote! What exactly did the french do in WW2? The civvies (Maquis) gave some good kicks to the nasty jerries. Their military seemed to fight itself.... Free v Vichy.

So come on, if your going to get all grown up on us, leave the french out of it!!!!!

13. WD - read this thread, you'll be surprised. For WW1, of course, visit the cemetries around Verdun

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=26101.html

retread2

14. Is it just me, or is George W's "package" rather more prominently displayed than the other flyboys? Perhaps the Presidential strap tightener was a bit over zealous!