International Equals ?

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by theduke09, Jan 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

Well I'm off to New Zealand and was wondering if anyone had any experience of what quals/course are best to complete for moving overseas? This matter is in regards to picking the best resettlement course and it gets better I'm not looking to use the possible skill for 5 years. So any ideas for courses to complete with this in mind ? I hope all can understand my question, comment if you are unsure.

2. NZ change the rating of quals each year depending on what they need the most.
  3. Thank you Prince Albert, now you can see what situation I am in. I have heard from a lot of people not to pick the most common courses such as plumbing etc would anyone agree?
  4. Have you thought about doing courses that would put you in good stead in the future, and in a profession that you'll enjoy, as opposed to train for a job you hate just because it may help you go to NZ.

There are lots of factors when applying to go to NZ, education is just one of them. Cash in the bank also counts a lot towards your points for example.
  5. In regards to this matter I have already been accepted with a job offer. See what I been the plot thickens. And why I say a skill for the future :) my head hurts.
  6. Seen. I'd wait til you get out there and speak the locals