International Coalition for British Reparations

The Evil Empire - 101 Ways that England Ruined the World

'Steven A. Grasse

5bio_auth_steve_f.jpg

Steven A. Grasse is a cultural studies analyst and media communications expert, who has extensively studied the British Empire. He is also the spokesperson for the International Coalition for British Reparations (ICBR), a massive global initiative for reparations from England worth 58 trillion dollars.

Steven's ancestors first came to America back in the early 1600s to escape British persecution, and have been striking back against their oppressors for hundreds of years. They have fought in every major U.S. conflict, including
the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812, both against the British. This is his first book, and given the Brits' thin skins and their adeptness at manipulating history, he will not be surprised if it turns out to be his last.'

He's a modern-day George Washington. I bet he bleeds American. Clearly going for the 'maverick renegade' feel, and achieving it! If 'maverick renegade' was spelt 'b-e-l-l-e-n-d'.

British Reparations.org - The International Coalition for British Reparations

Basically we did lots of Bad Things and now the 'world' wants us to pay them $58 trillion dollars in 'reparations'. Words fail.

I for one wish the Society of Cunts well in their quest for free money, purely because their great great great granddad was killed by the Black Death (that we somehow caused).
Interesting that they blame Britain for the recent two Iraq wars. Its also interesting that these Americans running the website/petition do not mention anything about slavery and apartheid that was a large part of the US and think that the small sum paid (in land (their own) etc) to the native Indians is enough to pay for what they did.

Cultural Studies and Media.... nothing about History? Says it all really. Reparations, historically, are only paid by those on the losing side, something we haven't made a habit of being.

As his family were 'persecuted by the British' I'm going to have a wild stab that he is just another plastic, republican sympathising, yank pretending to be oirish

Interesting that they blame Britain for the recent two Iraq wars. Its also interesting that these Americans running the website/petition do not mention anything about slavery and apartheid that was a large part of the US and think that the small sum paid (in land (their own) etc) to the native Indians is enough to pay for what they did.
Oh all the world's ills are our fault. We travel around in our giant Murder Bus spoiling things for everyone else.

Cultural Studies and Media.... nothing about History? Says it all really. Reparations, historically, are only paid by those on the losing side, something we haven't made a habit of being.

As his family were 'persecuted by the British' I'm going to have a wild stab that he is just another plastic, republican sympathising, yank pretending to be oirish
He was there with Cocoran and St. Patrick at Bull Run!

I read his list of grievances.

Makes you pretty damned proud to be British really.
Yeah, we do appear, over the ages, to have handed quite a few people their arses, don't we?

Yeah, we do appear, over the ages, to have handed quite a few people their arses, don't we?
So you're saying we should send Jarrod over to handle this bloke's arse? I dunno what it will do for Anglo-Septic relations, but if you think it will help, go for it. If nothing else, Jarrod will be able to carve another notch on the bedpost.

...and we wiped out the dinosaurs, don't forget that one.

Wiping out the dinosaurs was our finest hour. Thank God for the Dambusters (or was that Noah's Ark?). Huzzah!

Wiping out the dinosaurs was our finest hour. Thank God for the Dambusters (or was that Noah's Ark?). Huzzah!
Yes indeed. The Prime Minister at the time said, if I recall my history lessons correctly, "If the British Empire should exist for 65 million years, people will say, this was their finest hour."

His best mate, Penny Rimbaud, yup its seems to be a he, seems to be a fine upstanding citizen, and someone who we should all seek to emulate, as if, wanker!!!

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
By the same token, we should be allowed to bill the world for the good things we did:

1. Jury trials - thank you Henry II (who also got British imperialism started by invading Ireland).
2. Magna Carta - stuff the American Constitution and the horse it rode in on, this is the daddy of freedom declarations and it's English, signed by an English King in the heart of Englandshire.
3. Declaration of Arbroath - the mummy of freedom declarations, second to the Magna Carta only because it's Scottish and there's a buckfast stain on the document, but still a good effort by the North Britons.
4. 100 years war - yes we lost, but we scored four crushing victories, captured their king and burned Joan of Arc which set back the cause of feminism by five hundred years. It also inspired Shakespeare to new heights (and we should charge for him too).
5. The Reformation - enshrined the notion that religion didn't necessarily involve God and established the Church of England which spent the next five hundred years championing that view.
6. Spanish Armada - not only did our Elizabethan heroes find out where the various bits of the world were, they took on the superpower of the time and saved everyone from the embarrassment of having to speak Spanish.
7. War of the Spanish Succession - took on the superpower of the time and saved everyone from the embarrassment of having to speak French.
8. Seven Years War - saved the Americans and Canadians from being French (apart from the oddballs round Quebec) and saved the Indians from a similar fate (which allowed them to speak English and play cricket). We were humane colonial masters which is why Earth's ancestors were allowed to live, so probably we were too nice for our own good. The Seven Years War also helped to convince the French that they were useless and needed to chop off their king's head (another idea stolen from the English). This lead directly to the metric system, so we can claim that too.
9. The Napoleonic War - saved the world from the embarrassment of being ruled by dwarves and speaking French (again) and did so single-handedly (give or take slight assistance from Portugal) until various idle foreigners got off their arrses.
10. The First World War - saved the world from the embarrassment of speaking German and not laughing much.
11. The Second World War - finest hour, unequivocally saved all the ethnic types everywhere from murder and enslavement and everyone else from the embarrassment of speaking German and Japanese, not laughing much and being unable to hold their drink.

Clearly these are just the highlights since it would take several lifetimes to list the wonders of the Empire in full. I suggest that we're reasonable about what we charge for services rendered and settle for double what that American cunt is asking for.

Rule Britannia.