Internal fixation and Mobilisation

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by snornin, May 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Managed to break my leg at the weekend ( tri malleolar fracture- dislocation ? ) during a casualty evacuation exercise!!!! Oh what fun it was to look at the sole of my issue boot and think "thats so wrong..." Fortunately I had 50 witnesses some of whom were nearly sick due to the unnatural angle of my foot! Fortunately had plenty of help on hand ( Field Hospital Unit ) and was looked after by an excellent bunch of people. Waiting for an hour for entonox to arrive wasnt much fun and then a BFA to the Hospital added to the future story telling!

I am now pinned on one side ( lower tib/fib ) and on the other a plate and screws and with a screw right through ( not sure of the correct terms )to pull it all together with 8 weeks non weight bearing cast in place. Problem is that I have volunteered to mobilise in October and still want to go. If healing goes to plan will I still be able to deploy with all the metalwork in situ ?

2. Hey fella,

You will undoubtably get several well meaning views on here, but the bottom line is listen to you Consultant. Ops are here for the long haul - there is no rush.

On a separate vein, I hope your TA unit are looking out for you with the current injury etc.

Good luck - TS

3. I have to say that the care I received at point of injury and during my stay in Hospital by the Regular staff/ TA of my unit has been excellent. It was a pure accident involving a 41 year old throwing himself around like an 18 year old and just one of those things! I now have 8 weeks away from the NHS so silver lining!