• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Interesting Way to Carve A Halloween Pumpkin

Are we supposed to guess? Is there a prize?

Has it been carved with a lance by a knight in full armour as he rode past at full tilt?

One of them miniguns like Blaine used off Predator?

3 x 13 rd magazines - he'd have done better using a knife and saving the ammo to use on the door-knockers: or mebbe that was him practicing fopr when they come. He clearly isn't expecting to have to engage a target at much more than arm's length.

Scary grampa . . .

3 x 13 rd magazines - he'd have done better using a knife and saving the ammo to use on the door-knockers: or mebbe that was him practicing fopr when they come. He clearly isn't expecting to have to engage a target at much more than arm's length.

Scary grampa . . .
In his defense--only of his marksmanship not of his waste of ammunition, statistics are clear that handgun encounters are likely to be no more than 7 yards and usually much closer. I still enjoy testing my marksmanship at longer ranges but for tactical training I have my students never more than 7 yards from the targets.

Are we supposed to guess? Is there a prize?

Has it been carved with a lance by a knight in full armour as he rode past at full tilt?

One of them miniguns like Blaine used off Predator?
Apologies if you cannot get the vid to work--perhaps some control from the gobmint to prevent you seeing evil firearms at work? ;-)

In his defense--only of his marksmanship not of his waste of ammunition, statistics are clear that handgun encounters are likely to be no more than 7 yards and usually much closer. I still enjoy testing my marksmanship at longer ranges but for tactical training I have my students never more than 7 yards from the targets.
I am acutely aware of that. The only time I ever had to draw my Browning on ops (as 2Lt 34 years ago), the ranges would have been in that bracket, had 'it' kicked off.

Imagine my shock when I discovered - 6 months later - that I couldn't actually guarantee to hit Jack Sh#t with a mag of 13 at 10yds, under peacetime conditions. Focusses the mind, somewhat (when you get over the shock :wink: )

So I practiced quite lot, whenever I could. Got pretty good, I thought.

Later in life, when packing a Browning, I always ensured I had a decent civilian holster from which I could quickly extract and use the thing.

My erstwhile bosses couldn't understand why I never liked the idea of carrying my issue Browning stuffed down the back of my (mufti) trouser belt, or (in uniform) in a holster with more and bigger flaps on it than the one hanging off your country cousin in the picture below:

Latest Threads