Interesting video

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by littlejonny, Nov 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello All,

OK I've tried my hardest to patch a link over to this but you'll have to go to the site yourselves, Its worth a look trust me.......

Go to www.Aviationexplorer.com

Scroll to the bottom and look for whats written here below:

American Airlines Boeing 757 Pentagon Conspiracy Video (SWF video)

I thought it was pretty shocking.

Not too much abuse please :wink:

LJ

2. Am I missing something here?

3. Mr Angry,

You were in there while I was still fiddling with my post! Try again old bean!

4. You should be able to go directly to the vid by clicking here

Don

5. Thanks Donny,

I am true IT Biffer!

LJ

6. Interesting, I think i'll bring this to the attention of an online aquaintance who worked there at the time. See what he makes of it.

7. littlejohny,

cant believe im actually gonna respond to this but...

americans find it far easier to believe a farfetched conspiracy theory, than that some people hate them enough to hijack aircraft and willingly kill themselves to hit them hard in their homeland.

in my professional experience, witnesses are notoriously unreliable. you've done judgemental training in NI no doubt - how many times have you heard people insist that they saw a blue van, which was actually white? that they heard 2 shots, when there were 7? that a gunman had a pistol, when it was an AK47? once they make up their mind what they have seen, it is hard to change their minds without concrete evidence - and even then, some find it difficult to accept. get enough of these people together and it becomes a conspiracy theory.

who cares if some witnesses think it sounded like a missile? or it looked like a commuter jet. do they know the difference? ive seen americans who think that iran is in australia. does joe bloggs know the difference between 5 feet and 50 feet? how many complaints have there been when an aircraft at 2000' is accused of flying at 200'?

im sure with something flying at 530mph (their figure) and crashing into a series of walls, most of the wreckage is going to have the inertia to end up somewhere inside the building. just because it isnt all over the lawn doesnt mean it isnt there.

here is the timeline given on CBS and elsewhere:

"--9:25 a.m.: FAA notifies NORAD that United flight 77 may have been hijacked.
    --9:27 a.m.: (approximate time) NORAD orders jets scrambled from Langley Air Force Base in Virginia to head to intercept United Airlines flight 77.
    --9:35 a.m.: Three F-16 Fighting Falcons take off from Langley AFB headed toward Washington area.
    --9:37 a.m.: American Airlines flight 77 is lost from radar screens.
    --9:38 a.m.: American Airlines flight 77 strikes the Pentagon.
    --9:49 a.m.: F-16 fighter jets arrive over Washington, D.C. to perform Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over city. (The fighters broke the sound barrier and traveled supersonic at 720 knots to Washington, making the approximately 130 miles in 14 minutes.) "

so there were indeed fighters in the area. as for the suggestion that flight 77 manoeuvred like a military jet - sure the hijackers werent too concerned about the comfort of the fare-paying customers. and how competent a pilot do you have to be to crash?

"At 9:33 the plane crossed the Capitol Beltway and took aim on its military target. But the jet, flying at more than 400 mph, was too fast and too high when it neared the Pentagon at 9:35. The hijacker-pilots were then forced to execute a difficult high-speed descending turn.

Radar shows Flight 77 did a downward spiral, turning almost a complete circle and dropping the last 7,000 feet in two-and-a-half minutes.

The steep turn was so smooth, the sources say, it's clear there was no fight for control going on. And the complex maneuver suggests the hijackers had better flying skills than many investigators first believed.

The jetliner disappeared from radar at 9:37 and less than a minute later it clipped the tops of street lights and plowed into the Pentagon at 460 mph. "

so they had it on radar in the immediate vicinity of the pentagon one minute before impact.

plus Barbara Olson and Ted Beamer were passengers on flight 77:

“Barbara Olson, a conservative commentator and attorney, alerted her husband, Solicitor General Ted Olson, that the plane she was on was being hijacked Tuesday morning, Ted Olson told CNN. Shortly afterwards Flight 77 crashed into the Pentagon” … “Ted Olson told CNN that his wife said all passengers and flight personnel, including the pilots, were herded to the back of the plane by armed hijackers. The only weapons she mentioned were knives and cardboard cutters. She felt nobody was in charge and asked her husband to tell the pilot what to do.”

“Todd Beamer placed a call on one of the Boeing 757's on-board telephones and spoke for 13 minutes with GTE operator Lisa D. Jefferson, Beamer's wife said. He provided detailed information about the hijacking and -- after the operator told him about the morning's World Trade Center and Pentagon attacks - said he and others on the plane were planning to act against the terrorists aboard.”

from our very own BBC:

"One of the 266 passengers on the four jets was Barbara Olson, wife of senior Justice Department official Theodore Olson.
    She called her husband moments before American Airlines Flight 77 crashed into the Pentagon in Washington.
    Mrs Olson is reported to have told her husband the attackers used knife-like instruments to overpower the flight crew.
    'We're going down'
    She is reported to have said "Can you believe this, we are being hijacked" before the cell phone went dead.
    Mr Olson confirmed his wife made the calls before dying with the 63 other people on board.
    "She called from the plane while it was being hijacked. I wish it wasn't so but it is," he said. "

so............

it's not shocking. it's just b*llocks. but well-produced b*llocks.

if youre gonna stick stuff like this on here, at least include the word walts or loonies in the title? ;)

8. very interesting rebuttal that one - lots of hard facts.

frankly, i place the conspiracy "9/11 was a government coverup" idiots right down there with the "Diana was murdered by MI5" loonytunes.

9. but she was - wasn't she?

IN all seriousness, I've read about this one before and all that stuff is very convincing, especially tapes being covered up, but the mai question would be why?
    The only answer to this that i have heard is that the plane was redirected, forcesd to land and everyone agreed to go undercover so the terrorists could be questioned in depth. A bit of a long shot (no pun intended) but then they are all american so it could be possible!

But why did the FBI confiscate all the tapes and have never released them? What could they be hiding. Again, most probably answer would be that a massive hole being punched in the pentagoin could reveal classified info (building structure, armour etc) so thats why they confiscated it! But they were quick off the mark!

OS

10. It hardly seems worth while replying as CRmeansCeilingReached pretty much says it all in his post above. For what it's worth here is the reply I got from my online aquaintance, who was lucky enough to be out of the office on that day:

11. An online aquaintance whos expertise is in what exactly? Do they work in the aviation industry to be so sure of what they did or didn't actually see?
    The fireman friend, is he the one whos foot is here?

[​IMG]

Yet this is how big it really is!!!

[​IMG]

As for the comment "Also, consider the fact that most civilians do not know what a screaming aircraft sounds like a few feet from the ground. "
    You expect us to believe 'your' witnesses and their comments!!

Two Questions;
    1. Where are the black boxes?
    2. Where is all the wreckage?

Someone said,
    Pretty competant I'd say to place the aircraft where it went in without sinking and hitting the grass. Surely one would aim for the centre of the Building to get maximum effect.
    MPI and all that!!

Too many questions around the bazaars, too few answers!!

12. Network sec admin.

You don't need to work in aviation to tell the difference between small aircraft and bloody big aircraft.

I doubt it, I have seen that photo before (google images). I assumed he was talking about a private photograph.

You are free to believe what you wish. Having conversed over 3 years with the bloke on another forum, I respect his incite.

Your guess is as good as mine, but i'm sure it will be classified.

Maybe the MPI was the centre, only they were not that good?

The first picture you post. Is it part of the engine?
    [​IMG]

<edited to get the pic to show>

13. Jinxy, I dont think that anyone on this forum is questioning your sincerity or your beliefs. However the lack of any "large" pieces of wreckage or indeed the engines themselves lead thinking people to wonder "where are they".........dont you agree. The secrecy imposed by the FBI is not warranted now that the incident is done with and the terrorists involved are obviously deceased.

14. interesting conspiracy theory stuff.... but sadly planes dont leave much evidence behind when fire takes hold, aluminium has a very low melting point, which is essentially what aircraft are made of! most of the wreckage was probably melted in the avtur feuled inferno