Interesting Type Of Beret

J9R4W

Clanker
Hi all,

I've been looking into 4/73 Battery RA and stumbled across this post on their instagram page.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what type of beret is shown with the blacked out RA cap badge? I thought all the units in the military (that wear berets) wore wool berets, though this seems to be a different material. Do other units wear berets like that?

Cheers

964ST

LE
Reminds me of a fibua excersise where I thought it would be a good Idea to do handbrake skid in the VCP landrover, LMG and operator "exit stage front?"

I think it is a wool beret, just very worn out. Needs a trip to Man at Q&M.

It's the HAC beret (reserve element of STA patrol stuff) and their regular counterparts at 4/73 started wearing it a few years ago instead of the RA blue one.

4/73’s social media page looks well run.

J9R4W

Clanker
Thanks for the replies, seems like the beret in question is a normal wool beret as worn by the HAC, just worn out!

Cheers

J9R4W

Clanker
Generally speaking what are people's views on 4/73? As mentioned earlier their insta looks great and they do sound like a great unit to be a part of, just wondering what their general reputation is like within the Forces.

Thanks.