Interesting reading

Evening all,

I am a self confessed geek, and I suppose like many here I love reading all things related to defence and world politics. Other than a few forums I get most of my info from your normal news sources like the BBC and places like janes.com and defenseindustrydaily.com.

Basically I was wonder if anyone could recommend any other sources they find interesting, be it blogs or other websites that offer new perspectives or just good reads, I have my Int Corps selection soon and thought it might be a good idea to broaden my horizons a bit

What about low intensity operations by General Sir Frank Kitson - if you can get it. It would save you reading anything by the septics about Iraqistan

Getting old. Back to Telegraph and decanter. :cry:

adastra said:
members.zip

Although the RAF and Waddington do get more hits than the Int Corps :oops:
What are you doing with that worldwide renowned mega star as your avatar? Does he know, he will be wanting royalties for this you know. God this place is scarry, first i find people that know the gay lord (appearing on a gadget show near you soon) and then i find that people know other stars of screen and stage :p

I have subscribed to 9 or 10 daily / weekly newsletters regarding Foreign Policy, Defence, Ctr Terrorism etc.

I will forward the links once I am back in the office but don't trawl the net - Get it sent to you!

Check out Jamestown Think Tank and sign up for the Daily Eurasian Monitor for excellent open source info on Russia, The Stans and Turkey.

For a laugh, have a read of the irreverent War Nerd column.

Have been looking at the suggested reading and was wondering if anyone on here has a copy of either

The Intelligencers by B.A.H Parritt
or
Forearmed by Anthony Clayton for sale

Well thumbed, coffee stained, corners folded, not really worried about condition.
PM me if you can help

We've been here before methinks. See HERE for further details.

If you've ever meet the author ask him about Belize. I'm reliably informed (2nd hand mind you, but an A1 source) he's never been there........

No wonder 1771 retired his ID.

Op_Int_and_Spy said:
We've been here before methinks. See HERE for further details.

If you've ever meet the author ask him about Belize. I'm reliably informed (2nd hand mind you, but an A1 source) he's never been there........

No wonder 1771 retired his ID.
Interesting; I could relate a tale of a briefing given by the said author to GOC NI at which he claimed it as all his own work, after I had worked all through the night to write it.......

Edited to add: I don't mean Deely.

Minnesota_Viking said:
Interesting; I could relate a tale of a briefing given by the said author to GOC NI at which he claimed it as all his own work, after I had worked all through the night to write it.......
Plagiarism eh, I always prefer to think of it as single source collation! Mind you, said same thing happened to me in the same theatre. Albeit by someone a bit higher up the food chain.

Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Minnesota_Viking said:
Plagiarism eh, I always prefer to think of it as single source collation! Mind you, said same thing happened to me in the same theatre. Albeit by someone a bit higher up the food chain.
I don't want to get into a pissing contest but he was Col GS Int & Sy....