Interesting piece - lucky journo.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by RiflemanKnobber, Oct 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not the most complimentary reporting, interesting to read that the US see the Cougar as their most protected MRAP whereas we take that vehicle and stick another few tonnes of armour and protection onto it.

2. Yup - the video's interesting: I wouldn't, personally, choose to stand bolt upright when under fire, illuminated in a truck's headlights, cabbying into the dark.

3. The video didn't seem to involve any audible incoming

The spanks and their headlight activities have always foxed me.

4. I am puzzled as to how a journo can be killed in action.

5. my thoughts exactly Rhod!

and why the hell are there adverts about getting bigger penis's??

am i missing somthing? :?

6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I would have thought (in my limited experience) that 'darkness is our friend' and they would have knocked the lights off the article does say they have NVG's
    Not a lot of incoming that I can hear either compared to some of the footage there has been from there

Must be like my street between the end of October and November 5th :D

7. The bloke squealing about reversing and shining the lights "over there" in the vid highlights their strange drills

I did an op in kosovo, the objective was to approach and cordon a village at night on the sly, hoping to catch the nasty people who came down from the hills to terrorise/pressure the local population.

Went well until captain america and his hoards rocked up on all the overview positions in their hummers, full beams on, turned the place which had been completely silent and unaware of any KFOR activity into a fecking stadium of light................................

Did we grip any badies, did we feck