Interesting One

TheIronDuke

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
freedomman said:
Next time I still won't think twice about it.
Nice one. There is an alternative of course. Walk away, say nothing, pretend you didnt notice.

Which I assume works just fine. Until the next morning when you have to avoid looking yourself in the eye when you shave.

Freedomman, its nice to know there are still people like you out there, well done, you should be proud of yourself.

jaybee2786 said:
who was it who said "if they pull out a knife you pull out a gun" and if they pull out anything just make sure what ever you pull out it scared the sh ite out of the little cnut and dont back down as they will make your life there hell. So dont get angry get fcuking even
So if he pissed on the door, you presumably advocate pooh-ing through the window??

Personally I would have noted the VRN, anonymously phoned the police and informed them that three youths, armed, with bags of drugs, had abducted a woman you believe to be a prostitute and made off in that vehicle.

Hopefully a slow day at the ARU would have seen piss-boy spread-eagled on the bonnet of his hot-hatch, with the undercar blue lights casting an unearthly glow on his white socks and off-white training shoes?

jaybee2786 said:
who was it who said "if they pull out a knife you pull out a gun" and if they pull out anything just make sure what ever you pull out it scared the sh ite out of the little cnut and dont back down as they will make your life there hell. So dont get angry get fcuking even
Big Sean.

He went on to say "They send one of your's to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue."

Peace through superior firepower. :twisted:

Thing is what make's these arse wipe's so brazen, is knowing that most member's of the public wont say nothing to them, knowing full well they will fear reprisal. So in turn they grow more confident, as we all know they don't fear the police.

The only thing these cnut's do understand is what they dish out themselve's

A Good Bloody Kicking.

"Update on my situation. My window's are still in one piece and nothing has been pushed through the letterbox, apart from fecking bill's. :roll: "

All well and good if you're a 6ft man mountain, not so easy being a 5ft 8 girl in work clothes and heels.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've tried to help someone out, it's not that I am being a busybody but more that I cannot stand to see people being 'done over' or ignored when in need of help. Graffiti, thugs on the street, people falling over etc etc. However, all this comes at a price because on several occasions I have been slapped/punched/kicked for trying to do the right thing. Makes you wish you didn't have conscience!

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
flowers said:
All well and good if you're a 6ft man mountain, not so easy being a 5ft 8 girl in work clothes and heels.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've tried to help someone out, it's not that I am being a busybody but more that I cannot stand to see people being 'done over' or ignored when in need of help. Graffiti, thugs on the street, people falling over etc etc. However, all this comes at a price because on several occasions I have been slapped/punched/kicked for trying to do the right thing. Makes you wish you didn't have conscience!
I find it despicable that a man would hit a woman at all, let alone for trying to help someone. During my younger times, and especially when I was a plod, I had no hesitation in going to the aid of anyone, even of duty and not in my own area. Now, it is a risky proposition. The incident at a club in London, where a bouncer asked a man to stop smoking and was shot in face is a case in point.

OFAH, being an ex plod. How do you see a way forward? Because with new generation's it's going to get worse, if nothing is put in place?

Flower's. I know in hindsight, trying to help people/correct people is the best thing to do, but we live in a no respect, look after myself society. But its the catch 22, see an innocent person in trouble do you help or fear for yourself and walk by. Not always a clear cut decision.

But i'd like to think if any member of my family was in trouble, someone would step in and help.

I know exactly what you're saying McVitie but I'd rather have a bruise that not helping. I just couldn't walk by.

Case in point was once outside Waterloo station, late at night and this old dear is getting hassled by a young oik for spare change. This yoof was practically in her face asking if she had any money, the old dear politely told him no, but he kept asking and getting more agressive with it. Clearly he was on something. Every other commuter kept walking right on past without batting an eye lid. I stopped and asked the way to the platform, in a bid to break it up without appearing like a busybody. The yoof sneared at me and told me to F*** off, and it kind of escalated from there - with the EVENTUAL arrival of the security guys at Waterloo, but only once I'd been shoved and then whacked on the shoulder (I am ashamed to say I went down like a sack of shite) and fell to the floor. Thank goodness I wasn't wearing skirt!! :-D

There needs to be some sort of campaign of national awareness, the more people with the guts to say "oi that's not right" would hopefully mean the decrease in people who would be tempted to try something.

flowers said:
I know exactly what you're saying McVitie but I'd rather have a bruise that not helping. I just couldn't walk by.

Case in point was once outside Waterloo station, late at night and this old dear is getting hassled by a young oik for spare change. This yoof was practically in her face asking if she had any money, the old dear politely told him no, but he kept asking and getting more agressive with it. Clearly he was on something. Every other commuter kept walking right on past without batting an eye lid. I stopped and asked the way to the platform, in a bid to break it up without appearing like a busybody. The yoof sneared at me and told me to F*** off, and it kind of escalated from there - with the EVENTUAL arrival of the security guys at Waterloo, but only once I'd been shoved and then whacked on the shoulder (I am ashamed to say I went down like a sack of shite) and fell to the floor. Thank goodness I wasn't wearing skirt!! :-D

There needs to be some sort of campaign of national awareness, the more people with the guts to say "oi that's not right" would hopefully mean the decrease in people who would be tempted to try something.
If you had of been, i know it would have caught my attention, in turn defusing the situation :wink: You could be on to something there Flower's.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
McVitie said:
OFAH, being an ex plod. How do you see a way forward? Because with new generation's it's going to get worse, if nothing is put in place?

Flower's. I know in hindsight, trying to help people/correct people is the best thing to do, but we live in a no respect, look after myself society. But its the catch 22, see an innocent person in trouble do you help or fear for yourself and walk by. Not always a clear cut decision.

But i'd like to think if any member of my family was in trouble, someone would step in and help.
I don't see a way forward to be honest. We are surrounded by feral youths, old soaks and parents who are as bad if not worse than thier broods.
The emphasis now is on the rights and entitlements of those who scream the loudest, and the police have been liberalised to the point of being ineffective. Also, the semi-militarisation of the police has given a different outlook to the way they perform and react. Too often the small things are not seen as important.
I put some of these points forward at a seminar once, following 2 seperate survey. One was what teh public thought police priorities should be, and other was from cops point of view. Bobbies thought priority was to deal with murder, rape, terrorisem, and major crimes. Public wanted peaceful streets, ability to go about their business without being molested or harrassed by drunks and beggars. All low-level stuff.

Who was right? How many ordinary uniform bobbies deal with murder or terrorisem? Especially in small county towns? Usual problems are drunkeness and violence.

Feral youth: the product of several generations of feral youths!

I live in a quite well to do road (delete boring interlude on how much the house prices have gone up since we moved in, blah, blah, etc).

We are, however, graced by the presence of a sink estate at the top of the road. Up until very recently we experienced a number of problems. All were duly reported to the authorities, including desriptions, registration numbers, cctv footage etc.
Un-nervingly common response from Plod was "We may send someone out at some time in the future, here is your crime number for the insurance."

The somewhat paramilitary wing of the Neighbourhood Watch Group got together for a barbeque and a winge. Someone remarked that an appreciable number of scrotes were coming down the road to use the phone box. Someone else pipes up that they dash in, make a call and then lurk around for a while. Chavmobile rocks up, scrote embarks and they drive a short distance back up our road. Scrote then disembarks and chavmobile drives away. Scrote then scurries off into the rabbit warren that is the sink estate. It is apparent that the junkies are liasing with the dealers and the exchange is 'going down' under our noses. They were quite probably funding their habit by breaking into cars and premises on their way like we were some kind of junkie ATM.

We reported these events regularly over the next few weeks, logging times, reg nos, descriptions etc etc. Discrete enquiries through a mole at the telecoms provider even deliver us a list of phone numbers (all mobiles) rung at the appropriate times from that box.

At the next Council meeting, all this is thrown into the ring amongst much heated debate. The Plod representative sympathises, but blames manpower issues and prioritisation. We point out that we've done all the bloody hard work, just lift the buggers and see what falls out of their pockets!

Barbeque comes around again, and we all sit around getting hammered and grumbling that something should be done. Mention is made of balaclavas and baseball bats, cruxifiction, fire bombs etc.

Next morning, after the Alker-Seltzer had kicked in, I realised that at least some of the banging noises were coming from my front door. On answering it, I was greeted by a similarly dishevelled neighbour, who asked me whether I'd been out since we spoke last night.
"No," I quite honestly replied. I had slept where I sagged and hadn't stirred until moments ago. "Why?"
"Come hither", he beckoned. Off we tramped down the road.
"Notice anything?" he queried.
"Nope", said I glancing around.
"Something missing?" he prompted.
"Erm, nope. Still not with you." Then things started to float into my conciousness. Big muddy ruts across the grass. Splintered plastic and a folorn looking wire sticking out of the ground. Exactly where the phone-box had stood. More splinters and obvious drag-marks disappeared away into the distance.

Since that night, crime has dropped considerably. Obviously, whoever the thieving pikey / public spirited stalwart of the community was has only shuffled the scrotes elsewhere. But every time I walk the dog that way, I chuckle at the sight of that forlorn little wire.

The telecom company have assured concerned residents that the phone box will be replaced "imminently". Plod are uninterested, better things to do (nod, wink).

Whilst I would never condone direct action or vigilantism, I say again that a few like-minded souls can sometimes move mountains. Or phoneboxes.

The somewhat tangental approach may work for you. Share, we may be able to help.

Fcuk me, sounds like I'm advertising for the A-Team.

That's all well and good when you have firm support. But most of the people who live on my street haven't even got the ball's to curtain twtich when they hear a noise outside.

I do believe if i hadn't of said something. People would of just looked on and let it happen.

We also have a very big problem with parking. Being quite close to a big hospital, most are to tight to pay the parking fee. Now the council had put up 2 big sign's stating quite clearly "Resident Parking Only!" with the occuisal glimpse of a parking warden. You think they take any notice? Asian's are the worse for it. Regualry clapped out Nissan Sunny's and Micra's rock up with 5 people squeezing out and fecking off to visit.

I'm sure i could make serious money by clamping the fecker's. :twisted:

Feel for you mate. There is a strong sense of community in my street in particular. Like I said, older houses in leafy suburb. Most residents are 'middle-aged' and have lived here for many years. We were welcomed into the community on the day we moved and have since thrown ourselves into everything: fetes, am dram (scene shifter only, honest), neifghbourhood watch etc. We've always got someone there for us and we're always there for everyone else. Great really, like what I remember it being when I was a kid.

Bear in mind that this is a suburb of a large conurbation that has seen cycles of immigration from Ireland, Indian sub-cont, Eastern Europe etc. We ain't no yokels! My street and surrounding streets are affluent, single family occupancy of very diverse ethnic and employment backgrounds. Couple of ex-TA, one ex-reg Army and me. I suppose that I should confess to being RAuxAF. So not only a Rockape, but a bloody part-time one.

Re: parking.

Councils have famously 'outsourced' parking control. Said 'outsourced' companies are there to satisfy the demands of it's shareholders and the strictures of the contracts with the council.

You may want to point out that there is a big-fat revenue source sitting outside your front-door.

Within the area I live, they have a 'flying-squad' in a van roaming around and directed to bottle-necks and other incidents by centralised controllers.

Individual wardens are incentivised (really) to hit ticketing targets. They have patches to cover on a rotating basis. Collar one next time you see them and give them the scoop.

Give the company a ring, you never know.